Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the ToyMakerz show the other night and the owner put a brand new Magna Flow Exhaust system on a 2015 Mustang GT 5.0.
It sounded incredible!
I would like to improve the exhaust sound on my 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT and purchase the same system ToyMakerZ purchased, albiet specifically for my 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L 392.
Unfortunately, the MagnaFlow website IMHO is not telling me much especially in regards to the active exhaust and how they address it.
Anyone have my car or similar that purchased a MagnaFlow exhaust that can chime in?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I was watching the ToyMakerz show the other night and the owner put a brand new Magna Flow Exhaust system on a 2015 Mustang GT 5.0.

It sounded incredible!

I would like to improve the exhaust sound on my 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT and purchase the same system ToyMakerZ purchased, albiet specifically for my 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L 392.

Unfortunately, the MagnaFlow website IMHO is not telling me much especially in regards to the active exhaust and how they address it.

Anyone have my car or similar that purchased a MagnaFlow exhaust that can chime in?

Im pretty sure (and maybe someone can confirm) that active exhaust were not used from the factory for 2015-16 models

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
The issue is everything sounds good on a 5.0 mustang. Plain and simple the ford motor is the best sounding motor. At least that is how I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts

It sounded incredible!

My brother had the magnaflow axleback on his scat shaker. It sounded pretty good. Most folks just do a mid muffler delete or resonator delete and call it a day. No hp gained by installing a aftermarket exhaust vs the factory active exhaust. If you want more volume I vote mid muff delete for 100 bucks or so. I’d also go with twin 4” chrome exhaust tips (eBay) to replace the factory lame rectangular tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2016 SRT has the active exhaust. I did the Magnaflow axle back setup that deletes the resonators and I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It sounded incredible!
If you are looking at the 19367 kit it has directions for cutting the valves out of the factory system and installing the with the magnaflow. The 19206 kit has the same, look at the installation pdf on their website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts