Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago while driving my drivers front TPM sensor went off for no reason. Tire pressure showed 3 --- and all the other tires showed proper pressure. I pulled off the road to check the pressure and it was the same as the other 3. Called then went to the dealer and they replaced the sensor. On the way home, same thing happened only this time it was the passenger front.. back to the dealer and a new sensor was put in. Now I have 2 new sensors on my front tires.

A few days later, both front sensors went off together, again showing the dashes for the pressure. Back to the dealer agsin. They replaced both sensors again. A few days later the fronts went off again! This is getting annoying as there isn't anything wrong. This time the dealer replaced the sensor module itself. Still both front showed dashes. Then the dealer rotated the tires, putting the fronts on the back. Now the back sensors are showing the dashes. They tried everything and can't find what's wrong. I'm meeting with a dodge rep on Wednesday. In the meantime the back sensors cleared themselves and are showing proper pressure. Ok, maybe a fluke. Yesterday, the front drivers side sensor went off. Then cleared itself, went off, cleared etc. This went on all day.

Each time a TPM sensor went off, the TPM light came on on the evic screen telling me to service TPM System then just showed the error symbol. I've tried the over inflate then back to 32 lbs. Still the error. Dealer burned 1/2 tank of gas trying to reset these damn things.

Any clues or ideas why this is happening? It's a 14 R/T shaker with only 11k on it.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
First of all, make sure you drive it a while when you replace everything. A mile or 2 probably won't do it.

The only other suggestion I have is to disconnect the battery for half an hour and hope it clears everything.

·
Registered
43 Posts
oh i know about driving it a while... the setup has been on the car for almost 2 months now, the TPMS crap started about 2 weeks ago. occasionally it would clear itself, work fine for a few days and then go crazy again. as of this weekend all the sensors rotated location on the dash clockwise one spot. I know this because i run a staggered setup and run the rear tires a few pounds less than the fronts. Ill try the battery reset on the car tonight. fingers crossed that does the trick.
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts