Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2010 challenger rt, recently the tpms symbol came on in my dash , then it shows all four wheels at the same tire pressure and it says TPMS System fault , this is extremly annoying as it also stays on when driving, my tire pressures are all ok, and I haven't changed any wheels or tires. my car is three years old now so this is not covered under warranty. Can I disable this or will this cost me big $$$$$$ Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Take it to any tire store. They can use a device that can read the fault code and tell you what is wrong. If one of the sensors is bad it will cost you about $100.

You can thank the Ford Explorer Firestone tire issue for these things.

I was told there are batteries in the TPMS and within 5-10 years the batteries die and they will need replaced... not the battery but the entire TPMS.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I will have it checked first thing in the spring when I take her out of storage again, I hope its something simple like a senser.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If the tire store will agree to it, you can buy TPMS on ebay for about $50-$60 for a set of 4. The ones in my 2013 RTC are P/N 56029398AB (black stem).

·
Registered
104 Posts
TPMS

Had same thing with my Heritage 20's as soon as it got cold out {tps malfunction /flashing light} was told common issue with dodge.I think moisture wreaks havoc with these systems...put nitrogen in & it stopped completely-never happened again ..worth a try!:shrug03:

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Did you add any aftermarket electronics? Trinity tuner, cell phone charger, 12v to USB charger, aftermarket gauges, HIDs, anything?

These can all interfere with the TPMS signal.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tpms system fault

Hi folks thanks for the replys, my tires are nitrogen filled since i purchased the car but i did add a no esp mod and a diablo intune this past summer, i hope neither one of these mods are to blame or i guess i will have to live with the tpms system fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts