Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Scatpack and the only problems I've had with the car in 2.75 years is wheel/tire/TPMS issues.
My WRT wheels cracked, so I had them repaired. One tpms got damaged (probably ate up from the fix a flat) so I bought a new set of Shraders off ebay. I didn't use all 4, I ended up replacing 2.
Fast forward 6 months. One of the wheels I had repaired starts leaking. Turns out the wheels didn't really get repaired. So I ordered new wheels, tires, and another set of sensors from the same seller.
Now the issues. When installed, the rear (or so I thought) sensors never started reading. After about 50 miles the right rear (again, so. I thought) starts reading. I drove the car 600 miles and the left rear never connects. Last night we leave a restaurant and the right front is down to 29 psi(on the display). I get back to the hotel, check the tires with a gauge, and it is the right rear that's down.
Now that the background is done, is there anything to reset these? Obviously driving isn't resetting them. Anyone have any insight on this? I love the car, but I'm done with wheels made of glass and sensors that can't decide what to read.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a 2016 Scatpack and the only problems I've had with the car in 2.75 years is wheel/tire/TPMS issues.
My WRT wheels cracked, so I had them repaired. One tpms got damaged (probably ate up from the fix a flat) so I bought a new set of Shraders off ebay. I didn't use all 4, I ended up replacing 2.
Fast forward 6 months. One of the wheels I had repaired starts leaking. Turns out the wheels didn't really get repaired. So I ordered new wheels, tires, and another set of sensors from the same seller.
Now the issues. When installed, the rear (or so I thought) sensors never started reading. After about 50 miles the right rear (again, so. I thought) starts reading. I drove the car 600 miles and the left rear never connects. Last night we leave a restaurant and the right front is down to 29 psi(on the display). I get back to the hotel, check the tires with a gauge, and it is the right rear that's down.
Now that the background is done, is there anything to reset these? Obviously driving isn't resetting them. Anyone have any insight on this? I love the car, but I'm done with wheels made of glass and sensors that can't decide what to read.
Love the Super Bee :) I put 17" Drag Star Wheels on my 16 Scat. I bought a set of 4 monitors of Amazon (they were yellow) (and cheap) and I have never had 1 seconds trouble with them. I purchased 2 more for my spare rear wheels with my Drag Radials mounted on them. Never a seconds problem. I have recommended these to others....and zero problems.

Whats my point?? It sound like you got BAD sensors! It further sounds like the batteries are dead. I am willing to bet if you change sensors (not the same sensors) your problems will go away.

Here is what I ordered...31 bucks apiece..... https://www.amazon.com/ORO-Tek-OSC-8214B-M-TPMS/dp/B0160TFCLG

SOMETHING TO TRY FIRST: Disconnect your battery for an hour. Re-connect and try again. If it is a communication problem this should fix it.

Good luck and let us know.........Gene :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I posted on another forum about issues I was having with the TPMS display on my 19 Challenger Hellcat showing the wrong sensor locations. It worked correctly for the first 2 months, then went wonkers. I had the system reset 2 times and reprogrammed once with no improvement.
There were many similar comments posted following mine with the same problems that remain uncorrected.
I have had several vehicles with TPMS and this is a first for me. I am just going to live with it, and if seeing a low pressure, use a gauge to find the low one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I posted on another forum about issues I was having with the TPMS display on my 19 Challenger Hellcat showing the wrong sensor locations. It worked correctly for the first 2 months, then went wonkers. I had the system reset 2 times and reprogrammed once with no improvement.
There were many similar comments posted following mine with the same problems that remain uncorrected.
I have had several vehicles with TPMS and this is a first for me. I am just going to live with it, and if seeing a low pressure, use a gauge to find the low one.
Same here on my Hellraisers.
Worked great then transposed positions then work great again.Go figure.
How long did we get by without this stuff??

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Always have your installer test those TPM's before mounting...you have to ask them or they typically won't do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts