Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of TPMS for an extra set of wheels/tires. I have a 2013 RTC. The part number I think I need is the 56029398AB (black stem) TPMS.

The dealer wants about $80/ea for these. There are several people on eBay that have a set of 4 with the same OEM part number for anywhere from $40-$60 for the set.

While I know the dealer is always high with prices, but how can the eBay people sell 4 at prices less than the dealer sells 1? According to the listings, these are all new parts that were never installed. What gives?

Anyone buy and use the eBay sensors? Any cautions to be aware of with these?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I am using a set of 4 eBay sensors, been on the car for about 9 months with no issues, I paid around $50 for the 4.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
511 Posts
go to your local tire shop these are very common........

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
yea, the ones I bought off ebay had Mopar orginal type markings and seemed fine for about $50 for a set of 4. they were supposed to be original factory parts, I assume they were.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go to your local tire shop these are very common........
Thanks for the replies so far!

Yeah the TPMS are common at the tire store, however I was quoted about $50/ea at the tire store. Sure its a savings from the dealer prices, but if they can be had a $50 for four of them its a better savings.

Im wondering why the huge mark up, or why the eBay ones are so cheap. For $50 it almost seems worth the chance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i just ordered 4 ebay ones at 60 shipped, well see also. My canadian dealer quoted me 110 each.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts