Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 sxt Challenger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Ive been having an issue with my 2012 sxt where the tire pressure light comes on and starts blinking then goes solid. Through some reading I found out this usually means that a tpms sensor has died. Haven't changed or done anything to the wheels or suspension. I was driving to a fishing spot and it came on blinking then went solid as I was cruising. I'm new to auto repair, having only done breaks, rotors and the door actuators on my challenger so I dont have a obd scanner or tpms one. I took it to Mavis the other day and their scanners couldn't pick up any of the sensors, or connect to the module? Am I correct in assuming this means the module is shot? Is there a chance the sensors are still good? They said none of them were scanning. When I purchased the car it had aftermarket 20s on it, so I'm assuming maybe the new sensors installed all went out at the same time? It's a daily driver and has 93k miles on it. Should I replace the module first or try installing new sensors first? I'm gonna get it scanned at pepboys to confirm in two days but any info may give me peace of mind! Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
So they did all work for a while? If so, then scan the car for codes, if they never worked, maybe they aren't even there in the new wheels.

·
Registered
2012 sxt Challenger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So they did all work for a while? If so, then scan the car for codes, if they never worked, maybe they aren't even there in the new wheels.
Yeah they have worked perfectly and given me normal low pressure readings before. When I do the three ke1y turn thing to show any engine code nothing shows up on my dash, but then again it's no obd reader

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
Yeah they have worked perfectly and given me normal low pressure readings before. When I do the three ke1y turn thing to show any engine code nothing shows up on my dash, but then again it's no obd reader
Yeah, you need something that does a full body controllers scan, not just powertrain. I know I had some in my 2002 Town and Country that lasted 10+ years, I think the first died about 7-8 years old. no where near all at once.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
You really need to get the code to narrow it down

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Once you have a code, go to the online Chilton manual

2012> Dodge> Challenger> Repair> Diagnostics> DTC-Based Diagnostics> Tire Pressure Module (TPM)> Diagnosis and Testing

You can click on each code and get further diagnostics

A Guy

·
Registered
2012 sxt Challenger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once you have a code, go to the online Chilton manual

2012> Dodge> Challenger> Repair> Diagnostics> DTC-Based Diagnostics> Tire Pressure Module (TPM)> Diagnosis and Testing

You can click on each code and get further diagnostics

A Guy
Thanks so much for all the info and help, I really appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

Reactions: ONE L COOL J
1 - 9 of 9 Posts