Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, but I didnt see a thread with this question.

Do you run without the TPMS? I'm looking at two options for 20" wheels right now.

Both are after market Stock SRT8 style Chrome wheels.
Both will come with the same tires
Both are brand new
1 will not come with TPMS and I can save over 400 to get the ones without TPMS.

Is it bad to run without the TPMS for the summer? Will it void any warrantys or anything on my car?

Thank you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should just start PM'ing you haha, I appreicate the answer

BTW I think chrome is the only wheel that looks good on the DWB

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
It will usually have 100 people answer you if I say something and nobody had said anything in 5 min or so so that's why I answered even though you knew that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as its not a big deal without them, id rather save the 300-400 bucks on the same exact wheels and tires mounted

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the $236, I would just buy the set of wheels/tires from tire rack with it installed because I'd barely save anythign to get them installed after

I think I'll just get them from TireRack, installed and everything, thanks guys

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
TPMS are the most hideous government required devices to come down the pike in a long time.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is due to Americans who drive on flat tires and have no clue though, just sayin haha

·
Registered
37 Posts
I will say, as someone who's unnecessarily paranoid about driving on flat tires, it lets me rest a whole lot easier while driving-- aside from the headache they put most people through with regards to maintenance/install etc..

In the case of passing inspection, it seems states have varying rules regarding inspection and tire pressure, but I haven't found anything with regards to voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
TPMS

If the tires/wheels you are replacing the ORIGINALS with require the same psi ,use the tire sensors out of the factory wheels.You can purchase new tpms seal kits at dealer or most parts houses.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am trying to avoid having them installed after the wheels and tires are mounted unless I can really make out on the deal. I think I'm just going to get the package from TireRack and pay the extra $200 to have them, I feel after some information and talking to other people about wheels, its better to just have it done right the first time

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Every time you start your car you will hear a chime and the low tire light will stay on on the dash is all.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Every time you start your car you will hear a chime and the low tire light will stay on on the dash is all.
And they leak, and they are expensive to replace, and they are one more thing to dumb us down.

·
Registered
133 Posts
FWIW, you can get a full set of TPM sensors for your 2010 on fleabay for $70. The 2010 models use the rubber valve stem instead of the more expensive metal one. I bought a set off fleabay for $70 shipped to my door and they are the OEM factory sensors complete with valve stems, caps and the screws that secure the sensors to the valve stems. If you have a set of wheels with tires already mounted and balanced and then want to install the TPMS you will have to have them re-balanced, as the sensors are heavy enough to throw them out of balance.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
FWIW, you can get a full set of TPM sensors for your 2010 on fleabay for $70. The 2010 models use the rubber valve stem instead of the more expensive metal one. I bought a set off fleabay for $70 shipped to my door and they are the OEM factory sensors complete with valve stems, caps and the screws that secure the sensors to the valve stems. If you have a set of wheels with tires already mounted and balanced and then want to install the TPMS you will have to have them re-balanced, as the sensors are heavy enough to throw them out of balance.
Mine were replaced under warranty, but down the road I'm sure they will fail.
What a waste....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^ those are the ones im getting in chrome

·
Registered
17 Posts
tpms

why dont yoy just transfer sensors from one set to the other , not very difficult to do . You would just have to reprogram your system not hard:redcap::fight:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts