Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed new wheels on my car and bought OEM spec pressure sensors for them (Part# 56029400AE)

All was well and good until after two days the light came on...blinking then steady and has not gone away after approx 50+ miles of driving. I've tried adding tire pressure, but its not giving me the "low pressure" message. I dont have the EVIC just the basic readout on my 09 R/T dash under the speedo.

I haven't had them tested yet, but has anyone else had ones act up like this? how long should new ones take to sync up?

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Just to be clear, you are saying the dash tells you it can't read any of the 4 wheel's tire pressure now?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to be clear, you are saying the dash tells you it can't read any of the 4 wheel's tire pressure now?
well, i dont get anything spelled out like when i do have low pressure. i have seen that in the past when my tires were underinflated with the stock setup....its just the amber tire pressure light blinks for a little while then goes steady. to me, thats saying its not seeing one or all of them, i think...

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, it appears one already went bad...just stopped in at Pep Boys and they ran their scanner on each wheel. One did not show any signal.

**** these things...what a pain in the ass

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
ok, it appears one already went bad...just stopped in at Pep Boys and they ran their scanner on each wheel. One did not show any signal.

**** these things...what a pain in the ass
Agreed. More unneeded bells and whistles to give trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
I'm glad you got it straightened out. It's hard to believe these TPMS sensors are mandated now. Just another pain to deal with when the sensor dies.

A friend of mine that has a Chrysler 300 had one of whatever reads the TPMS go bad on one wheel. So it wasn't the sensor in the wheel, but whatever reads it. :headbang:

Reactions: BigDaddyWiz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was it an Original Equipment(Mopar) sensor, or aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was it an Original Equipment(Mopar) sensor, or aftermarket?
it was OEM stuff...i'm thinking it was new old stock and the batteries were close to dead (at least on that one)...the vendor i bought them off is sending me another one free of charge.

Reactions: jzta

·
Registered
41 Posts
it was OEM stuff...i'm thinking it was new old stock and the batteries were close to dead (at least on that one)...the vendor i bought them off is sending me another one free of charge.
thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts