Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to be installing new wheels on my 2009 R/T and was just going to buy new TPMS sensors so I can keep my current wheels fully intact. I had a fellow forum member very graciously point me to some for sale on ebay and I didnt realize there were so many sensor brands to choose from. I can get a set of 4 with black stems for $100...about 50-60 bucks cheaper than other brands that come with a 4-pack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-ITM-TPMS-Sensors-Rubber-Snap-In-433MHz-fit-Dodge-Challenger-2009-2017/272513078145?fits=Year:2009|Make:Dodge|Model:Challenger&epid=2200259903&hash=item3f730b9381:g:2joAAOSwP4ZZ1cdu&vxp=mtr

Does anyone have any experience with the lower priced brands like these?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
eBay stuff is always a crap shoot, if it was me I'd go oem but that's just me..I guess what it really all boils down to is saving a few bucks now worth doing it twice later

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eBay stuff is always a crap shoot, if it was me I'd go oem but that's just me..I guess what it really all boils down to is saving a few bucks now worth doing it twice later
yeah thats what I kinda figured...I want ones with black stems to match the black wheels I'm ordering soon...always something!

thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Along these lines, I see that many (most) aftermarket wheel vendors are including an "installation kit" that includes lugnuts and TPM. No idea what brand.
Would I be better off having the TPMs moved from my factory wheels to aftermarket wheels than to use something provided by a wheel manufacturer? Are these things generic? I'd think they'd have to be application specific.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
BigDaddyWiz,

I'm curious about one thing. Have you ever had to have the batteries changed in your original TPMS?

I ask because some say they last 5-7 years. What is your experience?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigDaddyWiz,

I'm curious about one thing. Have you ever had to have the batteries changed in your original TPMS?

I ask because some say they last 5-7 years. What is your experience?
nope, i havent. been using the stock ones since i bought her in Oct of 2008. not sure if it matters, but my car only has about 24k miles on it and never sees crappy weather.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and for those wondering...i ended up finding genuine mopar sensors for $40 a pop, free shipping on amazon. i'll just paint the stems black to blend in with the wheel and not have to worry about them not working.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,853 Posts
Many TPMS sensors available require special programming, with a diagnostic tool like a StarScan or Bartec, to work with your car. Shops, typically charge about $3-5 per sensor for this service.

However, I discovered that Redi-sensors, made by VDO, are pre-programmed and only require relearning. Once all of the tires are properly inflated, all you have to do is to drive your Challenger for at least 10 minutes, while maintaining speed above 15 mph, in order for the system to learn the new sensor IDs. Can anything be more simple?

The best price ($29) for these sensors can be found at:

https://www.blazenauto.com/store/8a...10004A_REDI_Sensor_43392_MHz_TPMS_Sensor.html

·
Registered
184 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts