Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there people, id like to hear which sensors you have used and which ones you recommend and are easy / most straight forward to replace and the procedure? I dont want/need any hassle like needing some fancy gadget to clone the old sensors and such if it makes sense.

Im looking at these options, if any of them you can recommend it would be helpful, thanks!

Link: Available sensors

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
You do not need to over think this young man, this technology is pretty straight forward. When I put new wheels on my Challenger 5 years ago, Discount tire used off the shelf TPM sensors and no problem. Last year for my 2019 Ram 2500 I purchased a tire and wheel package from Tire Rack (included preinstalled sensors) and they worked perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
16,029 Posts
Your Challenger comes with Schrader TPMS sensors. Whatever you buy, make sure they will work for your year model. By mistake, I bought sensors that work on a 2008 SRT but would not work on my 2009 SRT.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,478 Posts
Hey there people, id like to hear which sensors you have used and which ones you recommend and are easy / most straight forward to replace and the procedure? I dont want/need any hassle like needing some fancy gadget to clone the old sensors and such if it makes sense.

Im looking at these options, if any of them you can recommend it would be helpful, thanks!

Link: Available sensors
I have taken both my cars to Discount Tire to have malfunctioning TPMS sensors replaced, and each time it was as easy as showing up, telling them which wheel needed a new sensor, waiting a bit for them to replace it, and then driving away completely satisfied.

Is something like this not an option for you?

Reactions: Stumblin Steve

·
Registered
2013 R/T
329 Posts
Huf is a good brand. If you buy MOPAR no cloning is needed. They will pick up in a few miles.
I did replace mine with Huf sensors and Discount tire made them work no charge. They would not register with out it.

I picked up a used set of 2 Chrome Clads to put Atturo rubber on for burners. They had MOPAR sensors on them and picked up in a few miles. When swapping back to the Huf sensor wheels they picked up.

One thing to avoid is a dual frequency sensor, 433/315 (one freq fits all BS).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
29,026 Posts
The Schrader 28291 from your Rock Auto link (top listing) are the OEM that came on your car

A Guy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the answers people, il take the MOPAR / Schrader 28291's just to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts