Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ChallengerTalk friends. My friend Andy Brant has set up a track day at Circuit of the Americas for Sunday February 7, 2016. There has already been a ton of RSVPs so if any of you are interested PM me and I'll forward the sign-up, and run group classifications. This is gonna be awesome.

Rick

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
276 Posts
Sent my request.

I'm definitely interested. Went out there last weekend for the F1 race and also had the pleasure of riding it with a friend once. This is a bucket list item for me.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen several posts wondering about cost. The fee for the Track Day at COTA is:

• $495/driver + optional $100 instructor + $100 passenger w/ inst
• $100 F1 Professional pit lane garage (split w/ 4 cars i.e. $400 per garage unit)
• Organized run groups based on your skill level

Again, PM me if further info desired.

Rick

Here's a link to a video of the instructor at a COTA track day back last December, I accompanied him that day (but did not bring my Challenger to the event).

https://youtu.be/EF8PWNP4TRk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have any other Challenger owners signed up for this yet?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is anyone going and if so what are you doing to prep your car? I was just looking to go run it in stock shape pretty much.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is anyone going and if so what are you doing to prep your car? I was just looking to go run it in stock shape pretty much.
I don't do anything special to mine other than I'll change the brake fluid, put in Motul 600 and I'll put new EBC yellow stuff pads on a week or so before I go. They have bad dust but they're really good pads.

·
Registered
276 Posts

I'm planning on going and hope to see a few other Ctalk members out there. Can't wait to really open the cookie monster up on a closed course to see what it can do.

I don't plan on getting any new tires or brakes prior to the event but I will check all of the fluids (oil, brake, etc.), check my pads, treadwear, and tire pressures to make sure it's prepared and safe.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still Time

Still time to sign up for COTA in February. I have had a few CT nibbles but not sure if anyone else has actually committed. Believe me, you won't be disappointed, and you can register in a group that fits your experience and style. You push yourself/car just as hard as you are comfortable. Andy's group of participants are great guys and they enjoy the diversity of cars anywhere from Lambo's to Mustangs!! Hope to see some more Challengers!!

Rick

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
i am in New York City but i want to go

COTA is like paradise to me but I have never ever been to Texas in my entire life....

will most likely put the car on a trailer and set it up with slicks, and crazy aggressive wheel alignment

will PM you later

Thank you for bringing it to us!

ODP

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
LMAO. Id want my car to be complete first. But I'd seriously consider it for the following year. Just for you:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
just for me? Thank you I am humbled.

there is this OPTIMA race series where the ULTIMATE STREET CAR SERIES takes place; food for thought;

my friend Pete Basica at Ground Force Motorsports is doing something cool with Challengers and Camaros.... he has also JPSS

when i come to LA I will pace you with my rental at the willow track.... i need to make sure I get at least a Hyundai SUV or something....LOL....will punch a hole in the manifold and hook up a NOS bottle with a nice sprayer; you see, I'll get you in the back straight!

...actually I found a Maserati for a daily rental (pricey...) in Santa Barbara, but that might do the trick though... I am curious how the Ghibli or whatever it is spelled holds up against a Challenger SRT

...rent a thrifty Camry and beat the crap out of the tires and brake pads....

Cheers, O

>:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts