Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
just for me? Thank you I am humbled.

there is this OPTIMA race series where the ULTIMATE STREET CAR SERIES takes place; food for thought;

my friend Pete Basica at Ground Force Motorsports is doing something cool with Challengers and Camaros.... he has also JPSS

when i come to LA I will pace you with my rental at the willow track.... i need to make sure I get at least a Hyundai SUV or something....LOL....will punch a hole in the manifold and hook up a NOS bottle with a nice sprayer; you see, I'll get you in the back straight!

...actually I found a Maserati for a daily rental (pricey...) in Santa Barbara, but that might do the trick though... I am curious how the Ghibli or whatever it is spelled holds up against a Challenger SRT

...rent a thrifty Camry and beat the crap out of the tires and brake pads....

Cheers, O

>:)

You are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to racing. By the way, that series will be so awesome. Keep us updated.
A Maserati at the Streets of Willow? Bring it on dude. Seriously, I can't wait for you to come down. It'll be so much fun.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
OK CT guys . . . we need to get a count on who's coming to COTA for Super Bowl Sunday Track Day!!! Several people have PM'd me but I still don't see anyone actually signing up with Andy Brant. There is a block of rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn Express close to the track, we need to get a few more Challengers, I don't want to be the only one there. I really like the way the car handles with the tower brace in that I installed Wednesday evening, can't wait to get it on a track.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
that's mad max for you there

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
OK folks, this is last call. Andy has to send in the registration fees to COTA next week, so if anyone else is gonna get in on this you need to contact me right away. Hope we can get a couple more Challengers to Austin!!

Rick

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
Yes how was the event? I somehow missed out on this or read it and didnt subscribe. My work is so close to COTA I can hear the cars running out there. I also went to an F1 event and that track is beautiful!

Ill sign up on the next event if there is one. PM me if one comes up.

Ted

·
Registered
63 Posts
A guy i work with has brought up trying to set up a track day down there. just not sure when. Prob not till the end of summer. Im just going to run street tires.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
A guy i work with has brought up trying to set up a track day down there. just not sure when. Prob not till the end of summer. Im just going to run street tires.
Have you done a track day at Cresson?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Track Day at Motorsports Ranch in Cressen

Have you done a track day at Cresson?
Andy has set up a track day at Motorsports Ranch in Cressen, TX for May 23rd. We went there last June for a track day but ran the "short course", it was a really good track, until I ran COTA it was my favorite track yet.

He is getting the "long track" almost 3.1 miles so it could be well worth attending. We will do dinner the night before at an Italian restaurant in Granbury, stay at the Scottish Inn directly across the highway from MSR.

I only have edited one of the videos from COTA and I'm so busy now that it will have to be after April 15th before I can get the other ones edited. It was out of this world that's all I can say. Someone earlier asked what tires I ended up running, well, couldn't afford to go with a "race set" (wanted 18" with some Hoosier R7s but not in my budget). My regular tires were worn out in January so I had Goodyear Eagle F1's put on again, I know they'll wear out fast but they actually performed well in Austin. I didn't have any of the lost grip that I experienced my last trip to Hallett so I was glad about that. I'll post additional videos when I get them edited.

Come on guys let's go to MSR Cressen and have a good time!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I only have edited one of the videos from COTA and I'm so busy now that it will have to be after April 15th before I can get the other ones edited.!
Have you got any CotA video you want to share? I'm new to this forum, and just saw this thread. Here's an in-car from my one and only weekend at CotA. This is the second race (Sunday), and I had to start from the back due to a DNF Saturday. As you can see it was great fun for about a half-lap, at which point one of the prototypes exceeded the limits and caused a full-course yellow that effectively ended our race.
http://youtu.be/FqZp0uukbRY

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Have you got any CotA video you want to share? I'm new to this forum, and just saw this thread. Here's an in-car from my one and only weekend at CotA. This is the second race (Sunday), and I had to start from the back due to a DNF Saturday. As you can see it was great fun for about a half-lap, at which point one of the prototypes exceeded the limits and caused a full-course yellow that effectively ended our race.

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forum. Glad to have another track junkie on the forum.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
COTA video

As you can see from my user name, I'm a little too busy at work right now to spend the time it takes to edit the rest of my GoPro videos from Super Bowl Sunday. I'll try to get more uploaded after I get past April 15th (or 18th in this year's case).

Rick

21 - 34 of 34 Posts