Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger R/T
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have PowerStop Z23 all the way around. 2 weeks ago I did track day at Road America and not long into the day I started having issues. You can see this at YouTube posting Under RTWaldo track day. I don't understand the issue ABS, traction control? I was thinking I had a flat. Right at top of the next hill it happen again not as bad so I drove to pit at 35. So after looking over the car I drove out on the highway and found no issues. So on the next session I drove about 4 laps. Later I did the full track session no issues came up just hammer down. Coming home the brakes would vibrate a small amount right at the end on braking. Now after a week its like gone. I did flush all the fluid before and flush after and it was dark in after track flush.

Any ideas on track issue so I better understand what's going on?

I am looking for new pads...
Hawk HPS – High Performance Street or HP Plus - Autocross & Track.
EBC - Yellowstuff Fastest Street, Trackday.
Upgrade brake fluid suggestion?
Great fun and looking forward to more laps. Give it try sometime. Thanks for your help and comments.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Yes you will want different pads for the track the z23 are a great low dust street pad but you will want a higher temp pad for the track. HPS is a good all around pad, should do better than your z23 pads, not as aggressive on track as the yellows but a good compromise.

Yellow stuffs are great on the track I have used them a bunch.
Definitely upgrade fluid. Wilwood, motul, ate are all good choices you want w higher boiling point fluid for the track.

·
Registered
Challenger R/T
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bedding was done right after install. I cleaned all the rust and scale from behind caliper guide rail clips and greased pins before installing new hardware and seals. Made sure the piston face was clean and flat. I pulled the wheels and checked the caliper were releasing and wheel would free spin after returning.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
In that case I agree with the previous poster. You need more aggressive pads. I use carbotech pads myself. I have a set of rotors that I use for track days with these pads. I just switch out the rotors and pads before I hit the track. Not recommended on street use. If you track your car regularly consider that option.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I use HP+ pads for track day on my 2011 R/T.

But I have upgraded front caliper (SSBC).
Unfortunatly, I think they are not available for stock caliper; somebody can confirm?
I never found them for stock caliper. :frown:

EBC Yellow Stuff are also really good, I already tested them.

Also, I replaced disks by Centric Plain 120 Series Cryo-Treated Rotor at each corner and, at rear, they are upgraded with Charger Police pack.

I replaced the brake Fluid by DOT 4 fluid.

I don't have any braking problem.

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
To help with braking at the track, in 2009, the SRTs came equipped with brake knockback mitigation software. The system senses lateral acceleration and effectively primes the system in anticipation for the next brake application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts