Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have become addicted to track days, doing 2-3 a month. I have a 2016 Srt 392 that I have put strut tower bars both front and rear.

After looking at pics I would like it to have less lateral lean.

Any help with the next steps would be greatly appreciated.

Sebring International Raceway this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have become addicted to track days, doing 2-3 a month. I have a 2016 Srt 392 that I have put strut tower bars both front and rear.

After looking at pics I would like it to have less lateral lean.

Any help with the next steps would be greatly appreciated.

Sebring International Raceway this weekend.
Honestly, it is hard to tell if that is excessive body roll or simply the grade or slope of the track. If you look at your wheel wells the gap between the tire and the body is really not that much more than the other side. I assume you are in track mode right? At this point though to stop that body roll you are going to have to drop it an inch or so and stiffen up the suspension more than what it already does. Lowering the center of gravity is about the only way to eliminate it. Of course, once you go this route, you start sacrificing streetability. I am not sure how important that is to you, but I know it means something to me. Imagine riding around on something that feels like it has no suspension give at all. Would be quite uncomfortable, but regular track racers do it all the time. You are about to enter a different world once you get into that. How is your lateral grip once you added the braces? Are you really sliding at all?

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
You are hooked aren't you Mark! Are you going to be at the track night on Tuesday?

Next steps should be sway bars and lowering coils that will flatten the ride out a bunch

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Picture of Hellcat. It has KW Springs, lowered 3/4" front 1/2" rear, front strut connector. All from Speedlogix. Going to be trying their rear adjustable control arms that Chris and Lisa sent me on Monday. Will be on the track again Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is Tuesday Night?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Have you considered going from 20" to 18" wheels/tires for track days?......that will lower the car about an inch. I haven't been able to try it yet, but would like to. It's been four years.....hoping to go back this October to VIR.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brakes wont clear.

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do I get involved in Wednesday Nights?

·
Registered
2016 SRT 392
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will you be in Homestead on the 9th?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts