Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone knows of a local track, mainly 1/4 mile located in the south region. Within the vacinity of lower parts of South Carolina/ Savannah, GA area. I'm not originally from this area and I've done a google search but can't seem to find any positive info on the closet tracks. And most seem to be 1/8 mile here in the south.
I'm willing to travel even if it's 2+ hours. Thanks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to South Carolina. The home of 1/8th mile tracks.

They only 1/4 mile drag strips I know of are Darlington Dragway (The Legendary Darlington Dragway - The House of Speed - home) and Carolina Dragway - Aiken, SC (Carolina Dragway - The House Of Hook - Jackson SC)

Check this site: maybe some in GA are closer to you? Dragstrip Finder
Thanks for the response. I've noticed a lot of the tracks say they are 1/4 mile but normally run 1/8 mile.
Do you know for certain which is run at each certain track. As well have you personally been to any of them if so which do you prefer?

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
I go to Darlington and it is a 1/4. not a bad track. let me know one weekend you are going. I only live 30min or so away in Sumter

Reactions: SRTbatmobile

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm with mattyj... I've been to Darlington several times and it's a great track. They tout as being the fastest track in the world.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the responses.. I'm gonna have to try out Darlington.
Once it warms up a little that is. This feels like Maryland winter weather. Hasn't been this cold for the three years I've been here lol.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Thanks again for the responses.. I'm gonna have to try out Darlington.
Once it warms up a little that is. This feels like Maryland winter weather. Hasn't been this cold for the three years I've been here lol.
I've been in Greenville for 32 years and this is the coldest it's been here since I can remember.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
next week it is calling for 60 to 70s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts