Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone knows of a local track, mainly 1/4 mile located in the south region. Within the vacinity of lower parts of South Carolina/ Savannah, GA area. I'm not originally from this area and I've done a google search but can't seem to find any positive info on the closet tracks. And most seem to be 1/8 mile here in the south.
I'm willing to travel even if it's 2+ hours. Thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to South Carolina. The home of 1/8th mile tracks.

They only 1/4 mile drag strips I know of are Darlington Dragway (The Legendary Darlington Dragway - The House of Speed - home) and Carolina Dragway - Aiken, SC (Carolina Dragway - The House Of Hook - Jackson SC)

Check this site: maybe some in GA are closer to you? Dragstrip Finder
Thanks for the response. I've noticed a lot of the tracks say they are 1/4 mile but normally run 1/8 mile.
Do you know for certain which is run at each certain track. As well have you personally been to any of them if so which do you prefer?

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
I go to Darlington and it is a 1/4. not a bad track. let me know one weekend you are going. I only live 30min or so away in Sumter

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm with mattyj... I've been to Darlington several times and it's a great track. They tout as being the fastest track in the world.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for the responses.. I'm gonna have to try out Darlington.
Once it warms up a little that is. This feels like Maryland winter weather. Hasn't been this cold for the three years I've been here lol.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
next week it is calling for 60 to 70s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts