Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I've been looking around and can't seem to find an answer here. Also referred to the manual and read the sections about the adaptive settings and traction etc... it's not very informative.

It seems to me that track mode traction control allows for LESS slide than sport mode does... almost like its somewhere in between street and sport (sport being the mode that seems to let the car move around the most for me). But maybe I haven't played with either enough.

Could anyone confirm or comment on this? It would make sense to me that track mode would attempt to keep the car from sliding around too much as that would cost you time on the track.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
697 Posts
Never done a track day..Would like to...but..
...on the strip I use Track mode for transmission and sport mode for suspension and all other settings...

Note...If you program this in Custom mode, all you have to do before your run, if you had shut car off, is press the SRT button twice and it will be back in Custom Mode...
Saves time...

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
It's explained in your SRT Owners Manual. If you don't have one, download one from dodge.com.

Track Mode should allow for a looser car on the track while Sport would have added stability control.

From the manual ..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Never done a track day..Would like to...but..
...on the strip I use Track mode for transmission and sport mode for suspension and all other settings...

Note...If you program this in Custom mode, all you have to do before your run, if you had shut car off, is press the SRT button twice and it will be back in Custom Mode...
Saves time...
This is actually great to know! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks!

It's explained in your SRT Owners Manual. If you don't have one, download one from dodge.com.

Track Mode should allow for a looser car on the track while Sport would have added stability control.

From the manual ..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
As I mentioned I've already read through that... it's not very informative. "Least" vs "reduced" doesn't exactly tell me what the goal of the system setting is. And I have a suspicion that track is actually more impeding than sport is. Might just have to do some more testing I guess.

In the few times that I've really been able to play with it, it seems like sport let me slide more than track did, or maybe I'm just crazy. I've actually spent more time with the traction all the way off (hold traction button for about 5 seconds with the car in park) than I have in track mode. I also remember reading somewhere that sport is the best setting for burnouts, which would confirm my suspicion, but I haven't actually attempted one in track mode.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts