Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 2016 scatpack challenger and I noticed Sport mode feels faster than track mode on the 6.4 engine. Sport mode shifts way quicker, while track mode seems to hold gears longer. Which do you guys prefer to use in a race scenerio ;).

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,222 Posts
I don't care for track mode. Maybe great for racing but for how I drive it holds the shifts too long. Only goes to 7th gear unless you force it to 8th gear.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack Charger 11.995 first time out stock tune
175 Posts
AFR is fatter too in track mode too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I also have a 16 Scat Pack. But after the mods and tune, I really like Sport Mode. Really wakes the car up and has street drivability. I've not messed with Track Mode as I'm really happy with it the way it is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
AFR is fatter too in track mode too.
How do know that? If you look at a stock tune in HP tuners there is only one target stoich value for PT fueling and only one power enrichement table (atcually there are two but the difference is aircharge and Pratio and by default aircharge is used).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I saw fatter in Sport than Street, and fatter in track than Sport. Rpms in buddy's Scat Challenger in Track run 62xx in Track trans shifter in drive. In sport and street 64-6500 Rpms at shift. Can't say too much about a Charger that in manual mode auto upshifts, if left to do so, at 66-6750...take you pick on the trans mode on the screen. Interesting to say the least. Now a 11.834 @ 115.86 in 5600 da...should run pretty good if it had headers.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
My experience with PCM tuning is the drive modes only change pedal and shift characteristics and not AFR. If you are seeing richer AFR with wideband than it is probably due to more aggressive driving but tune-wise there are no tables that change fueling or spark for different drive modes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
All I can read is an AFR Gage in a bung on pass bank 2019 6.4 to bring this info to light. Multiple runs in different trans modes. With the owner right there too... Seeing what I see.
Interesting to say the least. He likes his AFR and shift points now in sport mode now. That's his custom mode now.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Well don't know what to say as drive modes can't change AFR as there is no provision in the PCM to do so. I don't want noobs thinking it can when it does not.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is that with Diablo and not HP?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Is that with Diablo and not HP?
Does not matter which tuner, PCM does not have a provision. Diablo handheld can't see anything (without CMR which you need to be pro to get a subscription) in the tune (very limited incapablility too) but with HP tuners you can.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Question Chally? What happens when intake temps go about 8 degrees below ambient in a 1/4 mile run? What happens to AFR there? Pm me your number I will send you a screen shot of the log.

Can you setup auto upshift in manual mode with HP?

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
792 Posts
If you're seeing fluctuations in AFR it's from overtemp fueling, not from drive mode changes.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
792 Posts
You can setup auto-upshift, but the paddles already do it. What is your goal? It's nice to be able to use the stick for when you want to hold a gear to the limiter and the paddles when you want it to upshift at the limiter. You may occasionally bump the factory rpm limit if you use the paddles and let it shift.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Spoolboy, are you saying "Paddle Shift" rpm upshift can be raised?

Been at the store,,,,been a bit.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
792 Posts
All of the shift schedules can be raised, lowered, whatever.

What do you actually want to do? Be specific.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
792 Posts
Those are rev limits.

What are we even talking about?o_O

This is where shift points are adjusted for different shift situations.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts