Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
792 Posts
There are only 90 shift patterns. What's the problem?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
He asked if paddle upshift can be raised which I believe it can but you need to raise the RPM in PCM along with other things in the TCM I guess.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
792 Posts
Definitely need to raise the rev (cut-off) limits if you want to raise the shift points. They're pretty much caressing the limiter as it is.
Whether or not more rpm will do any good is debatable. It can certainly make your wallet lighter and re-shape your pushrods.

If you put the shifter in the M gate - it will not auto-upshift even if you are using the paddles. It will run against the limiter and reduce torque to hold it there. It's not like the old time "hard" limiters unless you mess with it in the tune.

If you only use the paddles while the shifter is in D it will auto-upshift basically at the same place it would normally, but it won't upshift UNTIL redline. Depending on some things, you may gently nudge the rev limit in the lower gears as it shifts. I would not say this is the fastest way down a track. I actually pulled many of my shift schedules back in 1st and 2nd gear now that I have the 3.70 diff.

0 is normal
2 is sport
4 is track
27 is paddle

The numbers in the table are output shaft speed. As you can see, the upshift OSS are broadly similar among all of these schedules at WOT.
For reference with my gear ratio and tire size, OSS/44=mph. It will be different with 3.09 and a stock tire height. Log MPH and OSS and divide.
OSS/gear ratio (1st through 8th - do not include final drive) = rpm

Last one.

Mgate schedule. Since 6th gear is 1:1, it's pretty easy to see what RPM it would shift at, if it could ever get there.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack Charger 11.995 first time out stock tune
175 Posts
Sorry could not post on phone. See paddle is 1-2 then M-gate auto upshift is the next gear changes. Would like to be able to get the paddles to run up to 63-6500. Feel more comfortable there.
20200706_204030_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Not going to be able to do it with a diablo hand held unless you get a tuner to make the changes.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack Charger 11.995 first time out stock tune
175 Posts
Do Hp. Change the paddles rpm shift at raised rev limits?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts