Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last year I have been getting into road course events with my challenger. My local track is Michelin Road Atlanta Raceway. I enjoy the hell out of it. It is a weekend full of adrenaline. I finally compiled my video from my last weekend HPDE on 6/15-6/16. Below is one of my runs during the second day. I have a dedicated set of track wheels/tires (SRT wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4S). The Michelin tires handle like they are on rails. The reason I went with them is so that I could build up my skill using the best street tires that I could find before going to a dedicated track tire. I have also had it rain a few times and wanted a tire that could handle wet/dry. Driving the concrete jungle of Road Atlanta in the rain is a butt puckering experience.

I sincerely urge anyone and everyone to find a local track and try it out. I promise that you will come back for more.

Unfortunately, I had an issue and lost some of my footage. During this run, I hit traffic during the first part. I came back into the pits as my oil temp was a bit high (it was very hot outside). Once I went back out I had a really good run.

I used a Waylens dash cam to record the primary footage (with data) and a GoPro to capture inside the car.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods, I just realized there is a dedicated Road Coarse forum section. Feel free to move this thread.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks like fun!! I did one several years back at Homestead
If you ever get the urge to do it again you should definitely come up and run Michelin Road Atlanta. It is a roller coaster of a track! I will never forget the first time I went under the bridge for turns 11/12. :lol:

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
586 Posts
I ran 3 laps around Road Atlanta with a friend who was a Skip Barber School instructor sitting beside me. Great experience. First time under the bridge feels like your driving off the edge of the world. Loved your video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts