Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all, I just purchased a 2018 Challenger SXT and also ordered the Trackhawk exhaust tips to have installed before I pick the car up. The Dodge dealership just advised me that the tips have arrived but they aren’t compatible with the car. My understanding is that they should just bolt on the same way as the OEM tips. Is there a difference between the mounts for the SXT versus the R/T and higher trim levels? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
SXT tips bolt on to the muffler. They're "fake" exhaust tips.

Tips on6.2, 6.4 and 2017+5.7 engines bolt on to the exhaust, which is how the trackhawk exhaust works.

You can have a shop weld them in? They might meed reducers from 2.75 to 2.25, but they should rig something up if you want it that badly

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
31,973 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) The SXT tips are just the Bright Tips that bolt to the rear fascia
Bumper Composite material Automotive exterior Auto part Rim

Gas Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Machine

The stock tail pipes just go into the opening of the tips and do not touch them. The Trackhawk tips have the ball joint type/clamp on that the V8 cars have and will bolt right on to those
Furniture Musical instrument Water Table Wood

Gas Composite material Auto part Bumper Nickel

As mentioned the V6 pipe size is also smaller. It would be very difficult to use the Trackhawk tips

A Guy

·
Registered
332 Posts
As mentioned, you could have an exhaust shop make them work for you. It will cost you some fabrication dollars, but the Trackhawk tips you liked and bought would not be lost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts