Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Challenger R/T auto 5-speed, with headers, cam, 180 tstat, catless mids, and a ported throttle body. I got all the work done by Stu from Inertia- tuned by him as well, I’m having issues though. I cannot take off the line with out my car going into limp mode. I lose traction and the car will not shift out of first gear and when it hits the rev limiter it throws the car into neutral. In any gear it will happen. If I lose traction in 2nd gear, it’ll do the same. I talked to Stu and he said it’s not a tuning issue. I don’t understand why the car won’t shift before the rev limit. It’s an auto, so I don’t understand why. Does anybody have any helpful info? I am going to change my tires to a softer compound and possibly change out the rear sub frame bushings as well. But I don’t know if that will fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I have a 2011 Challenger R/T auto 5-speed, with headers, cam, 180 tstat, catless mids, and a ported throttle body. I got all the work done by Stu from Inertia- tuned by him as well, I’m having issues though. I cannot take off the line with out my car going into limp mode. I lose traction and the car will not shift out of first gear and when it hits the rev limiter it throws the car into neutral. In any gear it will happen. If I lose traction in 2nd gear, it’ll do the same. I talked to Stu and he said it’s not a tuning issue. I don’t understand why the car won’t shift before the rev limit. It’s an auto, so I don’t understand why. Does anybody have any helpful info? I am going to change my tires to a softer compound and possibly change out the rear sub frame bushings as well. But I don’t know if that will fix the issue.
I don't know enough to give any advice on this but I'm just curious. When I had my '13 R/T, it wouldn't shift automatically if it was in sport mode.
Does this have anything to do with your situation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine didn’t have sport mode, I do have the ability to shift myself, and the transmission would still shift for me even if I was in it.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
694 Posts
Did you recently change tire height? I have seen a couple of posts where taller tires can throw things off regarding shift points. Not sure why.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Mine didn’t have sport mode, I do have the ability to shift myself, and the transmission would still shift for me even if I was in it.
Well, my head wasn't thinking straight when I posted that. What I mean to say was that it wouldn't shift itself when in manual mode. It had to be manually shifted or it would hit the rev limiter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine shifted itself in manual mode, which I didn’t like. I also have had the same tires since July, and I’m going to stick with the same size of 275 just go with a softer compound

1 - 6 of 6 Posts