Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to see if anyone on the forum ever tried there conversion kit . I have a 2016 RT / Shaker 5.7 / 8 speed automatic non LSD. Since it was not available I was thinking that this would resolve the issue. Just need some feedback. I have been looking at units from wrecks with low miles as a possible solution as well. Appreciate any and all thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm surprised there isn't any input or thoughts on this topic. Trying to see if anyone swapped out their differential. Hopefully someone can give me some feedback.

thx.
Jim

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Honestly never heard of this. Not a swap, you install this in your current rear. Seems cheap and not totally sure how it works, plus you'd have labor $$$ to build. I think I'd rather just swap in an OEM rear that already has limited slip.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,912 Posts
I had a look around the last time this question was asked. Mostly import owners with experience. The reviews didn't seem glowing, but then there was so little evidence. A Guy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll do a little more research. I will advise once I decide which way to go. Try one of these kits or just but a used posi set up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm in the same boat, shaker with open diff.
didnt realize it until after purchase, kinda let down... now looking for options.

does anyone know if the dealership can take a new car in and upgrade it to track pack or super track pack and update the car's build sheet?
its either that or i gotta buy a limited slip kit from mancini or stevewhite, and find someone to install it.

I havent tested it yet, but a youtube vid showed me how to completely disable ESC by holding traction off button while starting the car and continuing to hold it, then it'll turn it off completely.. have yet to see if that allows any help in two wheel burnout though.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'm in the same boat, shaker with open diff.
didnt realize it until after purchase, kinda let down... now looking for options.

does anyone know if the dealership can take a new car in and upgrade it to track pack or super track pack and update the car's build sheet?
its either that or i gotta buy a limited slip kit from mancini or stevewhite, and find someone to install it.

I havent tested it yet, but a youtube vid showed me how to completely disable ESC by holding traction off button while starting the car and continuing to hold it, then it'll turn it off completely.. have yet to see if that allows any help in two wheel burnout though.
Total fail on Dodge's part to not continue the option of LSD on 5.7L automatic cars anymore. What's annoying is that the 2015-up have a different rear cradle, so you can't swap in a Getrag LSD from a 2014-down.

Are you able to find a ZF 230 limited slip rear end out of a 2015-up automatic Scat Pack, or SRT 392? That might be easier. Though you might also need axles.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have a 2013 R/T with the 3:08 open diff...you would need axles as well I'm pretty sure...your lookin at 2 to 3 grand...bummer. I just deal with it....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do the 6sp cars all have the 3.92 LSD rear? I was looking at some automatics with the STP and the limited slip is shown as standard equip and then in the options on the window sticker it says "conventional axle" like it is an upgrade or something. Pretty crappy since even the 4cyl Mustangs all have LSD standard.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
Are you able to find a ZF 230 limited slip rear end out of a 2015-up automatic Scat Pack, or SRT 392? That might be easier. Though you might also need axles.
A 3.09 LSD will bolt right up, no axle change needed.

Do the 6sp cars all have the 3.92 LSD rear? I was looking at some automatics with the STP and the limited slip is shown as standard equip and then in the options on the window sticker it says "conventional axle" like it is an upgrade or something. Pretty crappy since even the 4cyl Mustangs all have LSD standard.
Through 2014, the M6 rear was a 226mm Getrag 3.92 (3.73 with 18's). From 2015-up, it's a 230mm ZF 3.90. All M6 have LSD standard, it used to be optional on 5.7L automatics but that option ended after 2014.

STP has no relevance to having LSD or not, LSD was still optional on STP cars despite what dealers or the window sticker said up through 2014, after 2014 it's not available at all with automatic.

No 5.7L automatic 2015 and newer has LSD, it's no longer available. Guess they figure the traction control program will handle it. The 6.4L automatics have a 230mm ZF 3.09 LSD standard and that rear will bolt right in to replace the open 3.07 used with 5.7L.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
No 5.7L automatic 2015 and newer has LSD, it's no longer available. Guess they figure the traction control program will handle it. The 6.4L automatics have a 230mm ZF 3.09 LSD standard and that rear will bolt right in to replace the open 3.07 used with 5.7L.
But will the LSD from a Hellcat bolt in?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts