Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to turn off traction control completely. I really did try searching but there is much conflicting info because of various people posting with the STP option, automatics, older model years, etc. Nonetheless, it seems that the later manual trans cars without the STP can do this.

So who I need to hear from is someone who has successfully turned it 100% off, but ONLY if you have done this on a 2015/16/17 year 5.7L model that is a NON_super_track pack, m6 manual trans car, that does NOT have the performance pages. (without resorting to a 'tune'). Thanks.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have done this to an '11 sxt, '14 R/T M6, and a '16 392 M6 scat pack. Every car, from first model year to current, regardless of transmission can be done the exact same way. Under the console is the yaw sensor. You cut one wite and add in a toggle switch to interupt the yaw sensor signal. When this happens, the car thinks there is a problem and shuts off traction control completely....but the antilock brakes still work fine. When I go to the track I flip the switch and it stays off all day. When leaving the track just flip it back on.. do a search for no esp switch. Regardless of what car its done to, the only thing different is the console removal

·
Registered
500 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your replies. I have a lifetime warranty on the car and pretty much have free service, so if there is another way I would like to explore it. I reached out to some car guy friends too via email. One sent me this Youtube link. It is intriguing because the car in this video is an SXT v6 so that means it lacks the STP etc and is close electronically to a base 5.7 Hemi model with no options. I have not tried this yet and won't be able to for a while since I am on vacation. Any thoughts on this method? Thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've got a 2016 - 6 speed RT with no options. I hit the traction control button and sport mode and the car easily does a burnout.

Turn up the sound. :)

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
Thanks for all your replies. I have a lifetime warranty on the car and pretty much have free service, so if there is another way I would like to explore it. I reached out to some car guy friends too via email. One sent me this Youtube link. It is intriguing because the car in this video is an SXT v6 so that means it lacks the STP etc and is close electronically to a base 5.7 Hemi model with no options. I have not tried this yet and won't be able to for a while since I am on vacation. Any thoughts on this method? Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY9-wSs8zX8
Never seen that procedure before but looks like it works, and beginning in 15 you can get STP on SXT.

Dodge maybe made a change in 15, before that on M6 you just held the traction control button down and it turned it off, that does not work any more? Did it on my 14 M6 all the time without STP. Also got the HD BR6 STP brakes with M6 back then but that ended after 14 too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
"I've got a 2016 - 6 speed RT with no options. I hit the traction control button and sport mode and the car easily does a burnout."

=======================================

True, but I keep reading everywhere this method is only 80% off. If so, who would want to not have the final 20% of their car's potentional?

Nonetheless nice video :smile:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't play it right now but Dodge "full off" is not 100% off.

Thanks, but it has to do more than the 80% of the sport and traction buttons, as it gives a completely different message and makes you go through those extra hidden methods. I can't wait to try it to see if it works on my car when I get back from vacation.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
"I've got a 2016 - 6 speed RT with no options. I hit the traction control button and sport mode and the car easily does a burnout."

=======================================

True, but I keep reading everywhere this method is only 80% off. If so, who would want to not have the final 20% of their car's potentional?

Nonetheless nice video :smile:
Thanks, but it has to do more than the 80% of the sport and traction buttons, as it gives a completely different message and makes you go through those extra hidden methods. I can't wait to try it to see if it works on my car when I get back from vacation.
If you simply press the traction control button, yes you've only turned it off 80%. If you press and hold the button (for my Scat, it's 15 seconds), it turns it off 100%.

·
Registered
14,272 Posts
If you simply press the traction control button, yes you've only turned it off 80%. If you press and hold the button (for my Scat, it's 15 seconds), it turns it off 100%.
That's how my 14 would work too and it felt off to me but most everybody was saying it wasn't really all the way off, that's where that toggle switch mod to the console gyro came from. I'm not sure either way. I do wonder why it works on Scat Pack it doesn't work the same on the newer 5.7L R/T.

·
Registered
500 Posts
there are 2 problems with the holding the button....15 seconds my not sound long but if you are going to a track that can become impossible. I use the Tazer burnout box for a line lock. The problem with that is once your burnout is done, it resets the traction control regardless of where you had it. There is no way at a track to pull up, do a burnout, then hold the traction button for 15 seconds (completely stopped) before going up and staging. The starter is going to get pissed. The toggle is by far the easiest and most guaranteed way to do it and also once you flip it, you just never worry about it again. Once its flipped the tazer cant reset the traction because it has been interrupted. If your concerned about warranty just dont use a lighted switch and tuck it away. I have a warranty and I used a lighted one and put it right on the side of the console. And like I said I have done this 3 times and had cars back for warranty work and was never a problem. Plus, the nice thing about this is it just kills traction control but the anti locks still work exactly as they should. If you really want it 100% off at some point you have to interrupt the signal to one of the sensors.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,554 Posts
I have a '15 6 speed with just sport and traction control button (no STP). I bought the Tazer and installed aux buttons on the steering wheel. Now by a press of auxII button I can activate line lock. I press auxI and it disables antilock, traction, esp which lets me do doughnuts. AuxIII is the light show but I am hoping the Tazer adds mapping capability to activate the radiator fan. You can also deactivate ESP through a diablosport tuner (but then you need to swap the PCM...too pricey unless you already installed a SC) which takes a few seconds tapping thru menus.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts