Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So, I have 2019 Challenger R/T 5.7L and it will not let me turn traction control off like I have seen in most tutorials online. I have contacted 2 different dealer service departments to be told they don't know, lol. Wow learn your cars as I am trying to do. My concern is that something is not functoining and if I hook a tuner to it, it will void my 7 yr 100k warranty. So, any help is greatly appreciated. My 5 year-old is a car nut, too, and he keeps asking why I can't do burn outs like the videos lol. I tell him traction control won't let me. He says turn it off, lol.

·
Registered
439 Posts
So, I have 2019 Challenger R/T 5.7L and it will not let me turn traction control off like I have seen in most tutorials online. I have contacted 2 different dealer service departments to be told they don't know, lol. Wow learn your cars as I am trying to do. My concern is that something is not functoining and if I hook a tuner to it, it will void my 7 yr 100k warranty. So, any help is greatly appreciated. My 5 year-old is a car nut, too, and he keeps asking why I can't do burn outs like the videos lol. I tell him traction control won't let me. He says turn it off, lol.

U should be able told hold the button in till it tells u traction control off. That's it. It will say sport Sport traction control then track the traction control off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Yep, I tried that. Does nothing but turn it back on, lol. I have heard a rumor that because I don't have the Track Pack in my 5.7 R/T, the computer wo'nt do it. Is there any validity to this rumor? Thanks for responses. It is going in for some other warranty work on the 10th. I need to know if I need add this to list.

·
Registered
439 Posts
yep i tried that is dose nothing but turn it back on lol i have herd romor of that becouse i dont have track pack in my 5.7 r/t that the computre wont do it is there any volidity to this rumor? thanx for repones it going in for some other warenty work on the 10 need to know if i need ad this to list.
I wish I could tell you if that was the case. I would say you are right where it doesn't have the Track Pack. Sorry man I didnt have better news. Ask the dealer if they can do anything about it with there DRB. It is worth a shot. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
Not sure this works, or is indeed 100% off, but worth a try

A Guy

Reactions: spoolboy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks, I will try this on my drive to work tomorrow. I had not seen that video, but a bunch of others. I kept hearing that it works with the Plus trim. I wonder if its a Plus thing, but going try anyway.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
781 Posts
Yes, hold the button down while starting like A Guy (Bill) shows in the video he shared. It worked for the 2019 Charger rental I had a few months ago.

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
175 Posts
In mine (2020 Scat Pack), I have several options that claim to turn traction control off but still have a restriction. The only WA I felt it was truly off is to be stopped, engine running, neutral, and press and hold the traction control button until your blue in the face. Seriously. It's about ten seconds but feels like ten minutes. After that ten seconds or whatever, I hear a chime and the t/c off light pops up, then let the burnouts commence.

·
Registered
439 Posts
In mine (2020 scat pack) I have several options that claim to turn traction control off but still have restriction. The only WA I felt it was truly off is to be stopped, engine running, neutral, and press and hold the traction control button until your blue in the face. Seriously. It's about ten seconds but feels like ten minutes. After that ten seconds or whatever I hear a chime and the t/c off light pops up, then let the burnouts commence.
I'm with u on that. Also after the 1st set of tires in 10k miles I have been a little easier lol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am thinking this only works with cars that have the track pack.
Correction...
If I hold the button for 10sec or longer while the car is running, it does not work.

Following the instructions above, if I turn the car off and hold the traction control button and start button at the same time, I keep holding it until it shows Sport then it shows OFF. I did this without the sport button on.

I only tried it a little bit because I need to find a more straight road with no traffic and maybe turn down my pedal commander.

Thank you for these instructions, I hope to go lay some black marks soon.
Do you guys just mash the pedal and hold on or do you hold the brake?

I was going to look into tazer but I already have Ucconect active so the Performance Pages probably will not work.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I'm not sure I have the track pack. Just base whatever comes standard on the scat
I think STP suspension is standard on your car now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts