Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should I Trade 15 Challenger R/T Plus For 16 Charger ScatPack?

I am not rich, keep your crazy hellcat comments to yourself! Thank You :)

Simply put, there's a bunch of Charger ScatPacks at the dealer...

Kinda always wanted one, but I would be sacrificing my own comfort which my Challenger already has.

My Challenger has the two tone Black/White Interior Super Track Pack, Plus package. Heated/Chilled Seats, Heated Steering wheel and Lumbar back all that stuff.

Bright white , looks really nice. Everyone likes it.

The 16 ScatPack Chargers on the inside are not even close to my cars interior and honestly I like going fast, but I travel so much on the road for work that having speed doesn't feel like it should Trump being comfortable for like a 12 hour long trip sometimes.

I mean my car is very fast! But, what makes me wanna get in it is that comfort! 90% of the time.

It's bugging me because these ScatPacks cost as much as my car did when I got it and ScatPacks were not available at the time.

So, now I can trade in and possibly get money back... The Chargers are kinda stripped down on the inside... Cloth seats, no heated anything kinda basic. Although seats where kinda comfy, ride was fast and there's more room?

What Im asking... Is the speed worth the Sacrifice of comfortability?? :|

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
459 Posts
Depends on your needs. I drive my 392 a lot and because I couldn't get the tech package in a Hellcat I didn't go that route.
392 is fast but again depends on you're needs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on your needs. I drive my 392 a lot and because I couldn't get the tech package in a Hellcat I didn't go that route.
392 is fast but again depends on you're needs.
Just by the car having 4 doors and cloth seats Its actually less to worry about lol! My interior is nice, but not ideal for my job because I am always in my car, so I can't keep it clean as I want to. My car is a stick, but... Having an automatic when you drive as much as me is kinda nice (will always love Stick over Automatic)!

I feel the car is faster and I mean it's different than a Stick because it's a faster automatic lol! Wish they had a stick. Man I never really wanted the Challenger I have... I was kinda in a bad spot when I had to buy a car.

Simply put I would of had the Charger had it been available at the time I was looking for a replacement to my SRT-4. The decision is hard now because I've driven the car for a solid year instead of for only 3 Months...

I'm about 55% sure I want the Charger more...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Giving up the manual would be the hardest part for me. I think it's just as important as choosing the engine. Though if you're using it as a high mileage daily driver then a auto makes sense. If I was in the car as much as you are I would want the comfort of the challenger because the seats are like living room recliners! Good luck with your decision you really can't go wrong with either car. You could trade for a scat pack challenger and how both speed and the living room recliners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
156 Posts
Whatever you do, don't test drive a 392 unless you're certain that you want to trade. It will be hard going back to the 5.7 after experiencing the 6.4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatever you do, don't test drive a 392 unless you're certain that you want to trade. It will be hard going back to the 5.7 after experiencing the 6.4.
Too late lol, I test drove it already... It was cool I guess, I put it in sport mode too!

It was raining so I couldn't really push the car, but I could tell it had power. it was pretty nice !

·
Registered
49 Posts
You are in the same boat as me, but for slightly different reasons. I had always wanted a challenger, ever since they first came out, but I was more interested in driving Rams at the time (I owned three of em). Then gas prices went up and I traded for an Optima. Nice car, great amenities, but so slow. Moved on to an S4. Again, great car, very fast, but some of the amenities were weird (Bluetooth calls but not music streaming) and the maintenance costs were astronomical. So, when I had the opportunity to get back in a Dodge I grabbed up my R/T Plus Shaker 5.7 (oddly labelled an SXT Plus with RT package on the dealer sticker). It has been a great car and I get compliments on it all the time. But, with me being the main driver in my group of friends, the two doors are really kicking my ass. They say it doesn't bother them climbing in and out, but it bothers me. So, I need 4 doors, might as well upgrade to more power and an LSD while I am at it. And while there are a ton of other cars out there with power and 4 doors, Dodge has never steered me wrong, so the Charger Scat (or maybe Daytona) is an obvious choice. And then they go and release my favorite car color - destroyer gray - and now it's a no-brainer.

I guess the part I don't understand with your situation is the comfort. They have very similar seats. It looks like the bolsters on the Challenger are marginally larger, but basically the same. Why not get leather or suede if the cloth is a concern? You know, the one complaint I've had about my Challenger has been seat comfort. I really don't find them to be the most comfortable seats I have ever had, and the biggest complaint..... the dang headrest is too far back.

I say go for it man. Don't listen to the haters (those 2-door purists :p ). The Scats look amazing and the power is awesome. The practicality of 4 doors is just a bonus.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are in the same boat as me, but for slightly different reasons. I had always wanted a challenger, ever since they first came out, but I was more interested in driving Rams at the time (I owned three of em). Then gas prices went up and I traded for an Optima. Nice car, great amenities, but so slow. Moved on to an S4. Again, great car, very fast, but some of the amenities were weird (Bluetooth calls but not music streaming) and the maintenance costs were astronomical. So, when I had the opportunity to get back in a Dodge I grabbed up my R/T Plus Shaker 5.7 (oddly labelled an SXT Plus with RT package on the dealer sticker). It has been a great car and I get compliments on it all the time. But, with me being the main driver in my group of friends, the two doors are really kicking my ass. They say it doesn't bother them climbing in and out, but it bothers me. So, I need 4 doors, might as well upgrade to more power and an LSD while I am at it. And while there are a ton of other cars out there with power and 4 doors, Dodge has never steered me wrong, so the Charger Scat (or maybe Daytona) is an obvious choice. And then they go and release my favorite car color - destroyer gray - and now it's a no-brainer.

I guess the part I don't understand with your situation is the comfort. They have very similar seats. It looks like the bolsters on the Challenger are marginally larger, but basically the same. Why not get leather or suede if the cloth is a concern? You know, the one complaint I've had about my Challenger has been seat comfort. I really don't find them to be the most comfortable seats I have ever had, and the biggest complaint..... the dang headrest is too far back.

I say go for it man. Don't listen to the haters (those 2-door purists :p ). The Scats look amazing and the power is awesome. The practicality of 4 doors is just a bonus.
Can only get what I can afford :p...

If a dealer has something and its kinda what I like... fine. Then they got Scat Packs... Crap lol!

I didn't want to add more to the monthly, I'm not a rich man by any means... I just work ALOT more than most people do. I'll take what I can get especially if it's something I like.

I ended up trading though, so no more heated steering wheel and chilled/heated seats... I can do away with the cheap leather... No joke the drivers sides developed scuffs on the outer shoulder of the seat (even after I replaced it) in the first week of owning the Challenger.

The Charger ScatPack is nice. I owned a 05 SRT-4 for 10 years... The ScatPack reminds me of it on Steroids 😼.

The ****pit is nice, just not top notch like the Challenger I had but I used to that!

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks good man. Congrats!! I hope they didn't rake you over the coals on your trade. I hope to follow your lead here in a couple months when my house sells. Wish it was sooner, stupid 60 day settlement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good man. Congrats!! I hope they didn't rake you over the coals on your trade. I hope to follow your lead here in a couple months when my house sells. Wish it was sooner, stupid 60 day settlement.
I actually got a worst deal on the Challenger in the end vs the Charger now... 16k down on Challenger 433 payments 5.2% interest, charger 4500 down only 60 dollars more on payments 4.4 % interest. Lost way too much on the Challenger.

The barely gave me 22k for it, but I was still in positive equity! Plus incentive... Made out like a bandit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, they will always get ya on the trade, but it is much faster and easier than trying to sell it yourself. I've sold the last two, and plan to sell the Challenger myself as well. I am hoping to get something in the $32-33k range. How many miles did you have on yours?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, they will always get ya on the trade, but it is much faster and easier than trying to sell it yourself. I've sold the last two, and plan to sell the Challenger myself as well. I am hoping to get something in the $32-33k range. How many miles did you have on yours?

12k miles after a year, which for me isn't bad, normally I don't do a lot of driving, but work had me driving a lot last year

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow, 12k miles is nothing. I am already at 20k and I bought in Sept of 15. You mentioned doing a lot of driving in one of your posts so I thought it would be closer to 30k, which would have made more sense based on what they gave you for trade.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Wow, 12k miles is nothing. I am already at 20k and I bought in Sept of 15. You mentioned doing a lot of driving in one of your posts so I thought it would be closer to 30k, which would have made more sense based on what they gave you for trade.

Dang, I'm at 21K and I got mine at the beginning of May this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Should I Trade 15 Challenger R/T Plus For 16 Charger ScatPack?

I am not rich, keep your crazy hellcat comments to yourself! Thank You :)

Simply put, there's a bunch of Charger ScatPacks at the dealer...

Kinda always wanted one, but I would be sacrificing my own comfort which my Challenger already has.

My Challenger has the two tone Black/White Interior Super Track Pack, Plus package. Heated/Chilled Seats, Heated Steering wheel and Lumbar back all that stuff.

Bright white , looks really nice. Everyone likes it.

The 16 ScatPack Chargers on the inside are not even close to my cars interior and honestly I like going fast, but I travel so much on the road for work that having speed doesn't feel like it should Trump being comfortable for like a 12 hour long trip sometimes.

I mean my car is very fast! But, what makes me wanna get in it is that comfort! 90% of the time.

It's bugging me because these ScatPacks cost as much as my car did when I got it and ScatPacks were not available at the time.

So, now I can trade in and possibly get money back... The Chargers are kinda stripped down on the inside... Cloth seats, no heated anything kinda basic. Although seats where kinda comfy, ride was fast and there's more room?

What Im asking... Is the speed worth the Sacrifice of comfortability?? :|
I've had both a challenger and a charger both scatpack. I can fully say I prefer the interior and comfort of the charger vs a challenger. You can spend 4to500 bucks and get custom made seat covers to your liking that are so nice you wouldnt be able to tell there on. Also as I start my car in my house few minutes before leaving and having my air or heater on depending weather that by the time I'm in it's perfect temp. Seat warmers etc. Pointless I think. It's great having the 4doors and extra room also. You can pay 145bucks and out a tazer on your charger run some way bigger tires, take off your resiginators and you will now have a way faster, comfortable vehicle for less. I smoke on any stock challengers around even since with mods. I run 0to60 at 4 all day and 3.7 my best pic is from few weeks ago and run quater mile in low 12s all day with new best 11.9 at 119mph I belive. So yea no need to be any faster unless you just wanna race car. So with buying the charger and spending less then 800bucks I have best of both worlds. Get the Charger trust me bro. I have a 2018 but cant wait to get the new wide body charger. YouTube it there sooo BEYOND sick. Plus chargers always have better deals and rebates. Good luck bro.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts