Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't do it until spring but I've been tossing around the idea of trading in the SRT-8 for a CTS-V. It means taking on payments again for a couple of years. It doesn't have the looks of the Challenger but I've always liked Caddys and it is faster...

Would you do it if you could?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Nope!! Not Me.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Nope - NO GM.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Heck ya man do it! It's a granpa car with 550hp you'll pick up all the ladies at the nursing home for sure with that thing!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dang. MSRP is $63,000. I wouldn't spend that much on a car, but that's just me. Lots of people spend more than that.

Because it's a 4-door, it should be better for hauling people and probably more comfortable. Faster is good, too.

I like the Challenger better, though, for looks and styling.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Nope... never... even if money were no object. The looks of the Challenger are absolutely perfect. It SCREAMS muscle car!

End Of Story.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I traded a CTS-V for my Challenger though it wasn't the blown version.

They're different cars really; you'll like having a sedan if you have a family or use it for business. Very comfortable, awesome grand touring machine.

The downside is rather shoddy materials, fit, and finish on the Caddy. The seat rails in my V were rusted after a year. Lots of other shoddy pieces, and I mean worse than a Kia.

So, from a quality perspective, the Challenger is a much better built car even though quite a bit less expensive.

Rockstar factor: pretty much goes to zero. Very few people even know what a V is. No comparison to the experience you get owning a Challenger. You'll be invisible in traffic and at the gas station. That may be a plus for some.

Powerplant: you'll absolutely love the blown engine. Best part of the car by far. First change you'll need to make is the shifter because the OEM ones are built from Velveeta cheese.

Overall: yes, do it if you can afford it. Cars are an experience to be enjoyed and there are a lot of great cars worth owning.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The CTS-V is the one current GM product that I'd seriously consider buying and one very nice car in general. Still, if I had to choose between the two I'd take the Challenger because of the looks. The CTS looks nice, but its no Challenger. Of course the CTS-V is faster and more practical (the sedan) in a lot of ways, but it's also a lot more expensive. I wouldn't mind adding one to my garage but I would never replace my Challenger with one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Isnt the V available with the sportwagon and coupe? I would do it, 63,000 is nothing when comparing it to similar cars in the luxury segment.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Isnt the V available with the sportwagon and coupe? I would do it, 63,000 is nothing when comparing it to similar cars in the luxury segment.
It is available in the coupe, and I believe the wagon is on it's way. However, good luck actually finding one for $63,000. I saw a nice coupe with a 6 speed in it last week on a dealer lot for $67,000 and that is the cheapest I have seen one yet.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The CTS-V is beautiful and a monster. It's a different car than the challenger, but if you're going for a different "look" go for it man!

·
Banned
863 Posts
I drove a 2010 CTS-V and for all of the haters.... Don't yap your mouths until you drive it. The thing was the fastest stock production car I ever drove. I thought the fit and finish were great... 100x better than the previous model.
However..I would not trade in my SRT. Two different animals. But the the Sedan animal is sooooo much faster... almost dangerous on the street. Man if the Challenger had a blown option for an extra 10 grand ... I would take it!

·
Registered
585 Posts
not gonna drive one but I'm gonna yap. Just wondering, what blower does this Caddy use and at what boost? How much does it weigh. Is there some performance data on it from an independent tester? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
While it's not a car I'd want give up my Challenger for, they are damned nice and very powerful road machines. Still think they are rather odd styling wise though. It's your money and if that is what you want then you should do it.

Had one try to bait me into running a couple months ago on the interstate.

Yeah buddy, like I don't know what that "V" badge means on the side there!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Fair Question

I must admit that the CTS-V was the runner up when I picked up my 2009 SRT8. Awesome performance, but blah design.

While I've enjoyed my Challenger for the last 15,000 km, it does bother me that there is a stock sedan out there that can smoke me. However, I think one needs to compare apples to apples. In other words, if I would be willing to spend $X, which would make me happier:

i) a CTS-V costing $X
ii) an SRT8 costing $X-Y plus $Y worth of upgrades.

I've concluded that, warranty be damned, option (ii) is the way to go. I'm about to add a Speedfactory Stage III package, after which I should be able to run with the Caddy.

Good luck, Twoputt.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
nope don't do it, go sit in one that will change your mind

·
Banned
311 Posts
To the OP this is a challenger forum I you want a luxury car that is beautiful and faster then a Z06 vette and has crown of "fastest sedan in the world" get the V . It's a zr1 with four doors most people saying no prob can't get a new v if they wanted to.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't think it is faster then a z06. Close, but the z weighs almost a thousand pounds less and is on 50 hp behind. I think they are within a couple tenths of each other though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts