Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know it crossed my mind this week to trade in my 2011 SRT on a 2017 scat destroyer gray. I'm seeing some great prices on these cars when they are traded in after just a few months of ownership. I was offered about what I paid for my car in trade so that at least tells me I got a great price when I bought a year ago.

The scat was 35K with 8 K miles and my car was worth 28k to them with 18k miles. I really love the look of the 2011 body and realized I would miss this car, not to mention I would have to eat all the tax again. Sticking with the 2011 SRT. They had a super low mile hell cat on the lot at a great price, but I can't afford even a used one of those.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
It sounds like you did well with the trade. I'm just curious why you traded in a SRT with 18K miles on it? Was Destroyer gray talking to you, or what?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
28K on a 2011 is a crazy high trade-in price, you should have taken it! Is your state one where you only pay tax on the difference?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
28K on a 2011 is a crazy high trade-in price, you should have taken it! Is your state one where you only pay tax on the difference?
ABSOLUTELY!!! The new one is all different on the inside. Awesome price for your old one. Whatsamattayou!
Get your new car.

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
Dealers INVENTED the car game, somewhere in this they are making a profit at the but expense. Don't think you're getting a great deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts