Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 359 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY WHY WHY!!? First of all I have only good to say about my Challenger It was a beautiful car and I enjoyed every minute I spent driving it washing it etc...
So..what happened? Quite simply what Ford did...worked on me.I was lured in by a neat little car with about 40 more HP about 500lbs lighter a sweet high revving 32 valve V-8 a slick close ratio 6 speed trans and a truck size live axle rearend out back.PLUS this car had new Dynomax stainless exhaust, SVT cobra wheels, new F-1 tires.
It has 12K miles my Challenger had 44K its 2 yrs newer still in fact warranty I traded for 4,900 dollars it is a little smaller than the Dodge and doesnt have near enough storage inside.The drivers seat belt buckle is buried way too far down between the seat and the console.Even though you have to push the clutch to the floor to operate the starter but not near that far to shift gears Its a BLAST to drive and much smoother on the hwy than I expected.Been getting bout 18MPG in town some granny driving some spirirted driving. I think the stang has a edge in build quality. Car is very tightly put together....I have to say ny biggest gripe about the Challenger was the great Hemi engine but way too much software and other things to force me to drive my car the way dodge see,s fit Even with a Diablo tuner sometimes I could burn rubber thru 1st and 2nd gear then the processors would end the fun.There were also some weird sounds starting to show up when the car was in econo mode ...timing chain? maybe.. I never got a chance to take it back to the dealer..The Mustang has a full traction control and stability program or i can turn off trac control and leave stability on,or sport mode which loosens thing up a bit,or you can supposedly turn it all off (w'ell see)

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Enjoy the car...

I'm sure it will be fun. Eventually, you will return with an SRT.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Congrats....if i didnt need the room i may be in a stang as well. Looking fwd to when the 15s hit. Until then ill enjoy my baby. :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I think stangs are pretty sweet if it's done up right, it definitely feels like a go cart wrapped around you which is a good thing for me I like that feel...a decked out GT500 with rear and side exits is nicely done

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand the negative comments and I understand brand loyalty too. But thats no excuse for blind ignorance.Im sure my Mopar blood wont thin out too much.in fact I will be shopping for a used Dodge truck before too much longer. As far as the 2012 Stang... beauty is subjective, but fact is this is a VERY good running good handling quite and smooth riding car no matter who made it and yes I HAVE driven them both.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
"Muscle Car" for the masses. It's the Budweiser of quick popular cars. I've seen college girls, to mothers with a booster seat for her kids, to senior citizens driving these things. The only ones that impress me are the ones that the owners work to the nuts. Other than that, to me, it's like owning a Toyota Camry or Nissan Altima. They are everywhere, unlike our Challengers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
1,554 Posts
"Muscle Car" for the masses. It's the Budweiser of quick popular cars. I've seen college girls, to mothers with a booster seat for her kids, to senior citizens driving these things. The only ones that impress me are the ones that the owners work to the nuts. Other than that, to me, it's like owning a Toyota Camry or Nissan Altima. They are everywhere, unlike our Challengers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
On Fort Bragg there are Mustangs and Camaros freaking everywhere. I used to like the styling of both but I'm beyond worn out on them.

I used to love the look of the Challenger, and I still do.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It's no surprise that people on this forum are definitely biased towards Challengers....and against a so-called direct competitor like a Mustang.

I seriously considered a Mustang, but I'm the kind of person who likes to stand out rather than blend in. There are just so many Mustangs out there on the road that I felt it was too generic and common. There's nothing wrong with Mustangs, and I'm not bashing---I just don't want a car that every Joe or Jane has.

Challenger looks and drives great, and it's relatively unique. Works for me!

·
Registered
387 Posts
This is the first time I've seen a lot of smack in a thread on a Challenger forum over somebody buying a Ford. :)

My parents had a 2011 GT with the 5.0 last year and my Dad and I took it down to a huge car show last year and after the show everybody runs up and down the main strip in the city for several hours. I can honestly say that there are FEW cars in the under $50K category that could touch that 'Stang. It was built well, used very little fuel on the trip down and back, and while we were there it wiped the floor with a lot of really fast cars. Honestly, I don't care what anybody says there isn't a stock Challenger anywhere that is going to beat a new 5.0 Mustang. If a fast, fun car is what you want Ford simply is the best game in town. For the money there is nothing that can touch it.

Where the Challenger excels is that it offers a larger, roomier, more comfortable, more practical car that is still quick and fun. The Challenger sacrifices speed and handling (gets it's @** handed to it in every comparison that has ever been done) for versatility and style. The Challenger is in a category of it's own and there really is not a comparison to it.

The Ford and Dodge are both great cars...but they are different cars and it depends on what you're looking for.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Got tired of all the attention and thumbs up huh?! Congrats on the purchase hope it works out for you. Maybe youll be back in a year. Dodge Rams are excellent trucks. Have had my 2005 for 8+ years, runs like a champ, not one issue, just regular service.

15 min drive home today. 7 mustangs, 2 Camaros, 0 challengers.

1 - 20 of 359 Posts