Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Never thought I'd give up my B5 Blue beauty, but I stumbled across a deal I could not pass up.

Meet Belle III! I picked up my Frostbite Blue on Friday. A step up from my 16 Scat Pack. Trying to find reasons to drive her, get her broken in! Don't worry, splitter guards came off as soon as I got her home.
Funny story: yesterday was my first chance to take her for an extended drive. Pull up to a stop light, and a guy in a white one pulls up next to me, brand new with dealer tags and all. Looks like all the cool kids are buying WB'S!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrat's WB is the Life I must say, but I'm bias I assume lol

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. That Frostbite looks great

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
I highly (and emphatically) recommend PPF film for the fascia / front flares / rear flares

having lived in Oregon, I'm very familiar with all the grit and debris on the roads there. Paint chips / stone chips are a real thing there.

The front tires will kick up a cloud of dust and those rear flares will catch it and get pits.

A friend also installed the ZL 1 addons side skirts for the WB - helped him install them (he wanted extra insurance for stone chips). They look like they could have been OEM.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,474 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I highly (and emphatically) recommend PPF film for the fascia / front flares / rear flares

having lived in Oregon, I'm very familiar with all the grit and debris on the roads there. Paint chips / stone chips are a real thing there.

The front tires will kick up a cloud of dust and those rear flares will catch it and get pits.

A friend also installed the ZL 1 addons side skirts for the WB - helped him install them (he wanted extra insurance for stone chips). They look like they could have been OEM.
Hal, making an appt this week! They already have a patch of PPF on the front of the rear flare. I installed the ZL1 mud guards already. Don't worry dude, she'll be well protected!

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
216 Posts
Never thought I'd give up my B5 Blue beauty, but I stumbled across a deal I could not pass up.

Meet Belle III! I picked up my Frostbite Blue on Friday. A step up from my 16 Scat Pack. Trying to find reasons to drive her, get her broken in! Don't worry, splitter guards came off as soon as I got her home.
Funny story: yesterday was my first chance to take her for an extended drive. Pull up to a stop light, and a guy in a white one pulls up next to me, brand new with dealer tags and all. Looks like all the cool kids are buying WB'S!

BEAUTIFUL... Now take it in and PPF the whole car...

Funny thing is that I never liked the WB... now I do!!! I would be hard pressed however to find a Shaker 6 speed manual 18 HK speakers with a WB! That probably would be a special order.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Congrats. What made you trade up your SP? Did you just want to get rid of the car before power train warranty runs out or did you genuinely fall in love with the widebody?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a 2009 Challenger Rt LOADED in Deep Water Blue.
I think the Frost Blue and the Deep Water Blue are the same color but different name.
I like the 2020 Scat Pack that I have in Frost Blue and I wanna see what a 2024 will look like when I
would wanna trade it in.....Some people like to keep there cars(well it cost them alot}But some like me and others get tired and want something New like a 2024 if it comes out..........JT

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am about to do the same thing.
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack Shaker for 2020 Hellraisin Scat Pack Shaker w/Dynamics Package OR Scat Pack Widebody. I am fortunate enough to choose between same car of each style. So please share pros and cons of going to WB over regular SP? Of course it came out could have SPWBS for 2021 after I put this in motion so have to make a choice. But like you it is a deal I can not pass up. Interested to hear real world experience.
Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very nice, congrats!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts

View attachment 1002694
Congrats! Looks great, enjoy ;)

2016 Go Mango Scat Pack Shaker for 2020 Hellraisin Scat Pack Shaker w/Dynamics Package OR Scat Pack Widebody. I am fortunate enough to choose between same car of each style. So please share pros and cons of going to WB over regular SP? Of course it came out could have SPWBS for 2021 after I put this in motion so have to make a choice. But like you it is a deal I can not pass up. Interested to hear real world experience.
Thanks!

Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Congrats (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack 392, Frostbite Blue
3 Posts
NOICE. Looks like the Frostbite narrowbody I ordered. I hope mine looks that good when it arrives - I'm like you, it's going straight away to get ceramic and paint film because as anyone who lives in Arizona knows the rocks are no joke.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks!

Go with the WB, I've only put 60 miles on her so far, but it feels much better then the regular SP. This Dynamics package is what makes it nice.

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wondering if you don't mind what did it list for.
How could I say no? $9740 off, and they gave me a decent offer for my 2016.

Reactions: JavierA

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Congrats. What made you trade up your SP? Did you just want to get rid of the car before power train warranty runs out or did you genuinely fall in love with the widebody?
Found an offer I could not refuse, plus the WB look grew on me. I love the B5 Blue color, that's my biggest regret.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
BEAUTIFUL... Now take it in and PPF the whole car...

Funny thing is that I never liked the WB... now I do!!! I would be hard pressed however to find a Shaker 6 speed manual 18 HK speakers with a WB! That probably would be a special order.
you can order that for '21 Order banks have opened up for 2021 models

most dealers are ordering A8s - another margin building option and you don't have sales fall through because the buyer can't drive a manual...

even more of an issue is getting a color instead of black / gray colors if that's what you want.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts