Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
Hal, making an appt this week! They already have a patch of PPF on the front of the rear flare. I installed the ZL1 mud guards already. Don't worry dude, she'll be well protected!
those rear flare pieces won't be enough.

My friend drove up in the mountains and there was dried salt / sand on the roadside (it had snowed weeks before) that grit pitted his rear flares above factory applied film - just on one drive.

so he had the pits touched up and full PPF applied

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
As many of you have stated, the PPF is a must with the WB. Recently did the entire front clip, mirrors, all four flares, and a 6" strip along the rockers from flare to flare. And the ZL1 rock guards were already on. Amazing what these wide tires will kick up.

Frostbite looks great, by the way!

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
702 Posts
Congratulation on the new WB, looks great. Any chance of doing an in depth comparison between old and new?

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congratulation on the new WB, looks great. Any chance of doing an in depth comparison between old and new?
Well, I've only put 59 gentle miles on her so far, and with the wildfire smoke conditions here in Oregon, it'll be a while until I can give her a real good thrashing after I hit 500 miles. But, when I do, I will write something up.

ECO Mode: what a joke, who'd drive their car around in a fuel saving mode? Makes her run like I'm driving a 4 cylinder, all the time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well, I've only put 59 gentle miles on her so far, and with the wildfire smoke conditions here in Oregon, it'll be a while until I can give her a real good thrashing after I hit 500 miles. But, when I do, I will write something up.

ECO Mode: what a joke, who'd drive their car around in a fuel saving mode? Makes her run like I'm driving a 4 cylinder, all the time.
There are actually times when I use eco mode and it comes in handy when:

1. I'm on a long road trip and range is more important on the freeway.
2. In heavy traffic or in boring city driving.
3. I'm letting someone else drive for the first time cause it will start in 2nd gear.

I've got the drive modes remapped to my steering wheel ACC buttons via tazer and can switch between them by the push of a button.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
702 Posts
I've got the drive modes remapped to my steering wheel ACC buttons via tazer and can switch between them by the push of a button.
Good idea. Does the button select the mode sequentially? In other words if in Sport Mode and wanted to go to ECO mode would first push put it in Track and subsequent push put it in ECO?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Good idea. Does the button select the mode sequentially? In other words if in Sport Mode and wanted to go to ECO mode would first push put it in Track and subsequent push put it in ECO?
They will toggle. I have one button that toggles between default (which I have set to eco) and sport and i have another button that does that for track.

Reactions: Rob446

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice car. I like that color. I ended up seeing an R/T in Indigo Blue and bought mine while it was still in route. Luckily that had pretty much what I wanted coming in. Frostbite was one of my choices though along with Go Mango which I almost did buy.

As for ECO mode, it's pretty bad. As sctm81 said there are useful times and I will try it out on the highway. Around town it really is bad and playing with it, auto, and sport. I found that Auto and Sport got similar gas mileage for me and ECO mode gets about 1mpg less.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts