Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
What a sweet car! :wink3:

I love red stripes on a Granite exterior. I love those hyper-black wheels and the red interior too. What a great package.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Looks awesome!!

Good move!!

Where you located??

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
Just Traded my 2009 WRX for a 2015 Challenger R/T PLUS with the Super Track Pack. I am loving it so far. It is lacking on power compared to my WRX but that can easily be fixed.
R/T Classic (its based off R/T Plus, but the interior, stripes and wheels are unique to the R/T-C package) Great color combo

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Just Traded my 2009 WRX for a 2015 Challenger R/T PLUS with the Super Track Pack. I am loving it so far. It is lacking on power compared to my WRX but that can easily be fixed.
I mean, if you wanted more power you should've got a 392.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean, if you wanted more power you should've got a 392.
Well they did not have a used one. My choice was this R/T-C Plus, a plain R/T, or a HellCat. Hellcat is out my budget range. Plain R/T is well, Plain.

I have always loved the looks of old challengers and Hemi Cudas. I believe dodge really nailed the classic look compared to the mustange and camero. I fell in love with the interior and how less plastic it looked compared to the subaru and the other two "muscle cars". The outside aggressive looks helped also.

I'm not going to go crazy with mods, but I would like to go the same route as what I did with the subi.
Exahust (asap) --> CAI/Ported intake plus tune (later) and then go from there. I would really like a top mounted Super Charger but that will come way way later.

Right now I am going to enjoy the car as is. Well it needs an exhaust very badly (too quiet).

·
Registered
71 Posts

Congrats on your move to Mopar...welcome to the fold....!
So your Soobey WRX was making more than 370 HP & 400TQ ?
I know it's lighter and not an STi...U must be running a lotta boost...:blockhead:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on your move to Mopar...welcome to the fold....!
So your Soobey WRX was making more than 370 HP & 400TQ ?
I know it's lighter and not an STi...U must be running a lotta boost...:blockhead:
Thank you

450 awhp and 480 awTQ at 22 psi. Protuned on a heartbreaker dyno. And other little "odds and ends" added. The 2009 WRX sedan was faster than the 2009 STi wagon in the 0-60 and the quarter mile. It was 300 pounds lighter, less shifts to 60mph, the the HP loss through the trany was less. It made for a better performance platform at the time. The 10k difference between the STi and the WRX went back into the wrx and I felt that was money well spent.

At 2900lb it was a rocket. 0-60 in 4.5 sec and 11.8's in the 1/4. Probably could have been faster with a better driver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R/T Classic (its based off R/T Plus, but the interior, stripes and wheels are unique to the R/T-C package) Great color combo
See this is why I am on this forums, I would have never known that. Thank you :)

The front grill is different from the R/T plus with the classic pack? Or do they all have the two inserts in 2015?

There is a ton of great info that I have read through in these forums. I look forward to hanging here and having a good time.

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
See this is why I am on this forums, I would have never known that. Thank you :)

The front grill is different from the R/T plus with the classic pack? Or do they all have the two inserts in 2015?

There is a ton of great info that I have read through in these forums. I look forward to hanging here and having a good time.
The grille inserts are the '15+ styling that is how the '71 models had (as well as the tail lights).

The inserts are silver by default, and some packages change these to gloss black, along with black fuel door.

[Blacktop Pkg, Shaker Pkg or SP Appearance Pkg, or SRT Hellcat / Demon get the black grille, black fuel door treatment]

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Congrats. If you were going to go the 5.7L Hemi route you went with the best package. The R/T Classic is the best looking Challenger. If you're going to mod, the best HP gain will be with long tube headers and a custom tune. That will net about 30-35hp which is the cheapest naturally aspirated HP you'll find for our cars. The 5.7Ls have very restrictive exhaust manifolds while the 392s and Hellcats have shorty headers stock. Get a cat back exhaust system, catted mid pipes and long tubes with a tuner (get a custom tune to get that HP and avoid a check engine light) and you'll have a noticeably more responsive ride. Better sounding too. Don't waste your money on a cold air intake, the factory CAI is great and you won't gain any HP.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congrats. If you were going to go the 5.7L Hemi route you went with the best package. The R/T Classic is the best looking Challenger. If you're going to mod, the best HP gain will be with long tube headers and a custom tune. That will net about 30-35hp which is the cheapest naturally aspirated HP you'll find for our cars. The 5.7Ls have very restrictive exhaust manifolds while the 392s and Hellcats have shorty headers stock. Get a cat back exhaust system, catted mid pipes and long tubes with a tuner (get a custom tune to get that HP and avoid a check engine light) and you'll have a noticeably more responsive ride. Better sounding too. Don't waste your money on a cold air intake, the factory CAI is great and you won't gain any HP.
Congrats again. We met earlier. Listen to the Professor. You REALLY need that sound. With restrictive manifolds headers is a NO brainer. I bet you will be very happy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts