Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus and 2018 Charger GT Plus (GO MANGO ORANGE)
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a good run but I traded the 15 R/T plus in on a new 2020 REBEL CREW CAB 4X4. As I drove out of the lot I told the wife that it was the BEST looking car I have ever owned, but I hardly ever drove it, and with this COVID-19 crap everywhere their are no more cruises, or car shows to be in. Winter is coming and it would have been back in storage for another 6 months. It wasn't the fastest car I've owned but it was the FUNNEST car, rippin thru the gears and all. Before you ask why I traded it in instead of selling it out-right.I didn't want to deal with all the Craig's list idiots looking for test rides or wanting to trade for a 73 RUPP that "needs a little carb work "or an old Camaro that is rusty and doesn't run. It's just easier @ a dealer. I told them what I wanted for it and they said OK.

On a side note does anybody know if the Pedal commander PC-31 BT that was in it, (that I took out) will work on this new 5.7 L Hemi ETorque engine in the Rebel? If not it will be for sale (the pc-31 not the REBEL)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
Bummer, but understandable. The Ram would need the PC78 for a 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel (2019 and 2020). Enjoy your new toy ;)

A Guy

Reactions: burnzie

·
Registered
985 Posts
Congrats. I’m looking for a used truck right now. They are hard to find with decent miles on them but the new ones are so much money. Won’t get rid of my Redeye though. You are right on about trading it in . i can’t deal with these idiots calling and emailing trying to lowball you without even seeing the car. By the time you get the trade and tax savings and not dealing with the public it’s worth it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Good Choice and funny back in 15 when I bought my first Challenger I traded in my new 14 Ram Sport for it because I I did not need the use of a truck anymore. Had to buy another truck in 17 but the 15 Challenger was paid off so no big deal but the Hellcat bug was still with me and traded both the Scat Pack and the truck for the 19 Hellcat. All is good but do not drive it to much with the virus issues. No place to go safe .Hope the vaccine is on the way soon.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
I (briefly) thought about a truck, but honestly I don't need one. I priced out totally base 4x4 5.7 Rams, and well as nicely equipped used ones. I still have my El Camino if I need to get something big. But I still had that itch for something more substantial. A high mile 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland took care of that.

Reactions: burnzie

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
670 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'm feeling lucky right now, DD is a 2011 Ram Laramie with 176K miles, still runs and looks great, the wife calls it her Cadillac. The Scat Pack is for good weather and fun.:)

Reactions: Klink

·
Super Moderator
15,756 Posts
Tell her that is an insult to Mopars everywhere! (Comparing them to GM Junk). :D
the analogy of using Imperial could be used, but they aren't as commonly known and its been 37 years since the last Chrysler Imperial was built...

there was the '89 - '93 K-car derived model...by it really was a New Yorker / Fifth Ave dressed up differently instead of being a unique model. And they weren't very good

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
209 Posts
Well it was a good run but I traded the 15 R/T plus in on a new 2020 REBEL CREW CAB 4X4. As I drove out of the lot I told the wife that it was the BEST looking car I have ever owned, but I hardly ever drove it, and with this COVID-19 crap everywhere their are no more cruises, or car shows to be in. Winter is coming and it would have been back in storage for another 6 months. It wasn't the fastest car I've owned but it was the FUNNEST car, rippin thru the gears and all. Before you ask why I traded it in instead of selling it out-right.I didn't want to deal with all the Craig's list idiots looking for test rides or wanting to trade for a 73 RUPP that "needs a little carb work "or an old Camaro that is rusty and doesn't run. It's just easier @ a dealer. I told them what I wanted for it and they said OK.

On a side note does anybody know if the Pedal commander PC-31 BT that was in it, (that I took out) will work on this new 5.7 L Hemi ETorque engine in the Rebel? If not it will be for sale (the pc-31 not the REBEL)

Sometimes we have to make those "logical" but very hard decisions.

I have done the same recently with a custom JCW Mini which was just sitting and sitting. Garage Queen!!! Same with a Jeep due to multiple spine surgeries ending up not able to drive off road any more. [Welcome to the years passing by! 74].

I probably lost about $3~4K by trading both vehicles for my 19 Scat Pack Shaker 6 speed manual, but the thought of advertising two cars. the phone calls, explain the mods, meetings, test driving, bullshit galore, bla... bla... bla... turned me around towards the Dealer who I must say gave me a great deal. It was a special order the person backed out and they were eager to sell it.

Sometimes "convenience" cost money and yet, that is the Peace of Mind we are buying.

Totally understandable.

Love my Challenger by the way!!! Since February 18th, 8600 miles... 1700 miles a month... 57 miles a day average. I am retired and I don't go anywhere! Oh! yes.... the Mountain roads start a mile from my house. That must be it!

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
670 Posts
Tell her that is an insult to Mopars everywhere! (Comparing them to GM Junk). :D
I'm mostly worried she will start viewing reviews on the 2020 Laramie Limited, then I'll be out another 60K.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,869 Posts

Congratulations on your new Rebel! Those are Nice looking trucks!

I've been thinking of doing something similar to what you did except for a 65-70 SS El Camino with a big block in it. It'd be like having a pickup and a muscle car in the same vehicle. They are kind of like a mullet, in that they are business in the front and party in the rear (or vice versa, but you get the idea ;) ).

You could always sell the Challenger Pedal Commander on here to help fund the new one for your Rebel. Just a thought.

The old name for a pickup truck has been Cowboy Cadillac. Cowboy Ram or Cowboy Mopar doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as Cowboy Cadillac and also a Cadillac has always been thought of as luxurious (until they came out with the V-Series and then things took a performance turn). You could always say that it's Momma's Mopar though! :D

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
789 Posts
Everytime I see this post I read:
"Traded it in I'm dumb"

🤣

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,555 Posts
You could always sell the Challenger Pedal Commander on here to help fund the new one for your Rebel. Just a thought.
Have you checked the For Sale forum? ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
107 Posts
Enjoy your new ride, glad you didn't trade your Challenger in on a minivan........ 😬 :oops:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts