Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well it was a good run but I traded the 15 R/T plus in on a new 2020 REBEL CREW CAB 4X4. As I drove out of the lot I told the wife that it was the BEST looking car I have ever owned, but I hardly ever drove it, and with this COVID-19 crap everywhere their are no more cruises, or car shows to be in. Winter is coming and it would have been back in storage for another 6 months. It wasn't the fastest car I've owned but it was the FUNNEST car, rippin thru the gears and all. Before you ask why I traded it in instead of selling it out-right.I didn't want to deal with all the Craig's list idiots looking for test rides or wanting to trade for a 73 RUPP that "needs a little carb work "or an old Camaro that is rusty and doesn't run. It's just easier @ a dealer. I told them what I wanted for it and they said OK.

On a side note does anybody know if the Pedal commander PC-31 BT that was in it, (that I took out) will work on this new 5.7 L Hemi ETorque engine in the Rebel? If not it will be for sale (the pc-31 not the REBEL)
Man I know you hated to see the R/T go but we all gotta do what’s best for ourselves. I bit the bullet and purchased a F-150 last year and like you hinted, it’s become my DD. Enjoy that Rebel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well it was a good run but I traded the 15 R/T plus in on a new 2020 REBEL CREW CAB 4X4. As I drove out of the lot I told the wife that it was the BEST looking car I have ever owned, but I hardly ever drove it, and with this COVID-19 crap everywhere their are no more cruises, or car shows to be in. Winter is coming and it would have been back in storage for another 6 months. It wasn't the fastest car I've owned but it was the FUNNEST car, rippin thru the gears and all. Before you ask why I traded it in instead of selling it out-right.I didn't want to deal with all the Craig's list idiots looking for test rides or wanting to trade for a 73 RUPP that "needs a little carb work "or an old Camaro that is rusty and doesn't run. It's just easier @ a dealer. I told them what I wanted for it and they said OK.

On a side note does anybody know if the Pedal commander PC-31 BT that was in it, (that I took out) will work on this new 5.7 L Hemi ETorque engine in the Rebel? If not it will be for sale (the pc-31 not the REBEL)
I bought a 2020 Challenger in Feb.
Now I want another one.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
728 Posts
Bought a 2019 Rebel with 22k miles and LOVE it !!!

Also thinking about selling my SRT for another truck, it just sits due to this covid crap also.................

We are car show people, now it all gone............

Reactions: burnzie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Crying for you. I just got mine 9 months ago, and I couldn't bear to part with it! I see the utility of the new truck over the car, but... sigh.
:cry:

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus and 2018 Charger GT Plus (GO MANGO ORANGE)
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
7 Posts

I'm on the fence. I have an '18 T/A 392 with 12k on it. I am in love with this car, but the same as you, I am rarely driving it because of the Covid. There is nowhere to drive it to and just booting around town isn't fun, with so many people now out walking. I'm a respectful person, so I am just not equating it's ownership anymore. It sucks dealing with two vehicles. My Chevy Avalanche has high mileage and no tech. I have my eye on a new Ram 2500 Limited MaxCab with the 392. I consider myself fortunate for the 2 fun years, but it's time to move on

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm on the fence. I have an '18 T/A 392 with 12k on it. I am in love with this car, but the same as you, I am rarely driving it because of the Covid. There is nowhere to drive it to and just booting around town isn't fun, with so many people now out walking. I'm a respectful person, so I am just not equating it's ownership anymore. It sucks dealing with two vehicles. My Chevy Avalanche has high mileage and no tech. I have my eye on a new Ram 2500 Limited MaxCab with the 392. I consider myself fortunate for the 2 fun years, but it's time to move on
the problem is getting a good return on a car that's 2 years old with only 12,000 miles on it. I hope you get as much out of it as you can!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
153 Posts
I am seriously considering selling my 2016 Shaker. Like others, I rarely drive it and it is just another "money pit" (license, insurance, storage, etc.). Plan to talk to my dealer and see if they are interested in buying. I will take a loss but it will be one less expense.

·
Registered
391 Posts
NADA values on our used cars seem to be way up recently which I assume is due to a shortage of newer vehicles on the lot? N a d a value ion my 2016 SRT 392 at about 40K. Tempting...

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus and 2018 Charger GT Plus (GO MANGO ORANGE)
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What’s with the drama in the thread title.
I was just telling people what I did, you know like those idiot's on Facebook telling the world their problems.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,024 Posts
Congrats on your new truck.

Reactions: burnzie

·
Registered
564 Posts
I drive my 2015 R/T on nice days, I do not need cruises or car shows to enjoy it. Enjoy the Truck.
Same for me Frank. I had mine in a few shows, but learned there are some undesirable aspects to car shows...mostly politics and kissing someone's butt. I am not about that. I also never drive mine in the rain nor do I need a car show to enjoy my SP. I enjoy looking at it in the garage and more so when I take it out for some exercise.

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
564 Posts

I think the car shows and meets will resume, but perhaps not right away. However, I certainly understand purchasing a truck! Be sure to post some pics! Congratulations on the new beast!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid $45K, window sticker was $54k. Vroom offered me $36K....$4500 a year to beat on a beautiful, brand new car? Not too bad, but I'm still unable to unload it. It is so much friggin fun!

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger RT Plus
29 Posts
I can't even think about trading in my '15 RT Plus. I completely love my car and have zero intentions of ever selling it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
the problem is getting a good return on a car that's 2 years old with only 12,000 miles on it. I hope you get as much out of it as you can!
I fixed the problem with my Chevy Avalanche and enjoy driving it again...No way in Hell am I getting rid of my T/A 392...What a beautiful and awesome vehicle!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Ouch. Nice truck though.

I don’t get the allure of a car show I guess. Sit around all day and have people look at your car. Booooring.

I love having a fun to drive car in the garage for when the mood and weather strikes. Very few cars put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts