Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend I traded in my 2016 SXT plus and got a 2016 R/T plus Shaker (with less miles on it, even). Now this is livin'. The only thing missing, which I didn't even realize until the next morning, is that it doesn't have remote start. It didn't occur to me that a car this new, and a Plus version to boot, wouldn't have such a common feature. I called the dealership just to see what it would cost to put one in and was quoted $785. Is remote start an add on on top of whatever other packages the car may have been ordered with? I love the car and it certainly doesn't take away from my enjoyment. It just caught me off guard.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Over the weekend I traded in my 2016 SXT plus and got a 2016 R/T plus Shaker (with less miles on it, even). Now this is livin'. The only thing missing, which I didn't even realize until the next morning, is that it doesn't have remote start. It didn't occur to me that a car this new, and a Plus version to boot, wouldn't have such a common feature. I called the dealership just to see what it would cost to put one in and was quoted $785. Is remote start an add on on top of whatever other packages the car may have been ordered with? I love the car and it certainly doesn't take away from my enjoyment. It just caught me off guard.

All you need right here. It even works with the factory key. Just press the lock button 3 times and boom! Start up. I have it on my 2015 R/T.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332467662085

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
I actually took mine to a shop to get it installed but even then way cheaper than dodge. All together I'd say about $300 is what I paid. It's plug and play so I wouldn't think it's that hard, just dealing with anything electric on my car, I don't like to touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Nice looking car! Being a '16 (pre-active exhaust) do you have any plans for your exhaust? Cat back? Reso delete?

Reactions: Nefarious Duck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice looking car! Being a '16 (pre-active exhaust) do you have any plans for your exhaust? Cat back? Reso delete?
I think that's going to go on my long list. I just started looking into it. What's the best option in your opinion? I have some minor things to take care of first, but exhaust is on the horizon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I think that's going to go on my long list. I just started looking into it. What's the best option in your opinion? I have some minor things to take care of first, but exhaust is on the horizon.

Depends on how much you're willing to spend. I'm an advocate of stainless cat back systems with mandrel bends. On a budget, the Flowaster systems are the best buy. I got a new Flowmaster American Thunder kit for my 2013 R/T for $600 and paid mYBE $120/130 to have it installed at a local exhaust shop. Little bit of drone at low speeds (around 20mph) but otherwise great.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus and 2018 Charger GT Plus (GO MANGO ORANGE)
36 Posts
Blastin Bobs Resonator delete kit, cheap, well worth it, easy install and the wife LOVES it

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,936 Posts
Is your car a manual or an automatic? Only the autos come with remote-start. I have never seen a "Plus" (2015-and up) model that did not have auto-start except for the manual-6 speeds.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 2016 RT Plus 8 speed, did not come with remote start.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Is your car a manual or an automatic? Only the autos come with remote-start. I have never seen a "Plus" (2015-and up) model that did not have auto-start except for the manual-6 speeds.
It is crazy but you need the Driver Convenience Group to get remote start and why DCG is not standard on the R/T Plus I do not know but it isn't, it's still a $1,095 option.

Included with DCG ..

-- Remote Start System
-- Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
-- Power Multi-Function Foldaway Mirrors
-- High Intensity Discharge Headlamps

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is crazy but you need the Driver Convenience Group to get remote start and why DCG is not standard on the R/T Plus I do not know but it isn't, it's still a $1,095 option.

Included with DCG ..

-- Remote Start System
-- Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection
-- Power Multi-Function Foldaway Mirrors
-- High Intensity Discharge Headlamps

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Yeah, I don't have the blind spot sensor either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's the A8. Looks like it's missing the package that includes remote start.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts