Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that some of the srt8-392 IE's were delayed because of damage sustained when transport train crashed?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Is it true that some of the srt8-392 IE's were delayed because of damage sustained when transport train crashed?
I quick Google news search and I came up empty. However there was a train derailment at the end of Jan that was carrying propane, lumber and grain in Ontario. It is plausible the derailment may have closed the line down for repair and investigate that could cause a delay. This is all unconfirmed though. :)

News
CTV Toronto - Derailment site evacuated over propane concerns - CTV News

Severn Falls, Ontario, Canada - Google Maps

·
Registered
159 Posts
...Hard to believe that a train wreck held up the car I ordered 9/24 and just got on a train today. - There are IEs unsold at every dealership in the area and only sold cars seemed to end up being delayed? - Somehow even the dealership where I ordered my car that never heard of the IE in September has an unsold one on the lot.

I'm hoping my non-IE black SRT (which went to D1 on 2/18 after only 3 weeks gets here faster)..... And I wish I had called Bob Frederick from the start.

·
Registered
421 Posts

This has nothing to do with your original post but I do remember back in 2006? that about 5,000 GTO's were wrecked/badly damaged beyond repair in a train wreck and that's why that model year it was so hard to find one. I remember seeing it on the news. I'd be so damn pi$$ed if I waited so long for my car to be built, it finally gets shipped out and then it gets wrecked. I'm starting to go crazy now waiting for my SRT and it's only been 2 weeks since I went to D1.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If a train has a derailment and a auto rack is not only in that specific train but actually derails even if the cars dont get damaged the railroad has to pay for them and they cant be sold to the public. Liability issues. I work for the railroad and have seen many cars bought for by the company due to derailments. Sad to say if any IEs were involved in a derailment they will never make it to the public damaged or not.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I heard that one of the shippers used by GM and Chrysler is holding cars hostage over a billing dispute. The shipping company wants to be paid more per car and both auto makers are balking at the raise of rates. I heard GM has 2,500 cars being held hostage and Chrylser has about 500. The report did not state what the models were being held hostage or where they were located. But if your waiting for a car I sure hope its not one of these!

·
Registered
135 Posts
you probably never will unless you know someone involved with the dealer that ordered the cars

·
Registered
532 Posts
Chrysler had 500 mini vans held hostage and were able to collect 200 of them last week by court order. It never said any other chrysler product was involved.

·
Registered
159 Posts
... My car was shipped on 3/15 - and remained "On Truck" until the 25th. It only started moving again last weekend. I'm sure it was one of the 700 hostages and was only sprung with the 200 that were emancipated by court order.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Cant we just get a long, I think the world is in stuck in a Full moon cycle.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Let's see. TWO companies that just not too long ago filed Chapter 11 and now owes you money. Hmmm? What would you do???
Wait... It's not that GM and Chrysler owes them money... It's that they want MORE money, 20% more to be exact... So unless it was stated into the contract that they could demand more money mid stream, It is theft to me....

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'd like to see that contract also. I wonder if it has provisions for inflation and/or rising fuel costs.
One would think it would.. If it were my contract it would for sure. However with them just pulling the plug and holding cars hostage and a judge release some, I would say no it didn't, otherwise the judge would have sided with Allied.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Chrysler had 500 mini vans held hostage and were able to collect 200 of them last week by court order. It never said any other chrysler product was involved.
Soccer Moms have to get the kids to practice somehow. :bigthumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts