Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 SXT Plus when using Sport Mode is hanging in 1st gear and either taking forever to shift or not shifting at all to second even when I goose the gas.......sits and revs at about 5 grand then "might" shift into second eventually.
In regular mode it seems to shift fine.

Anyone else having this issue??

·
Registered
48 Posts
kinda sounds like your in manual mode

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
Mine does that sometimes in sport mode. Usually before the engine is warmed up which doesn't take long since it's starting at almost 110 degrees anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine does that sometimes in sport mode. Usually before the engine is warmed up which doesn't take long since it's starting at almost 110 degrees anyway.
This may have something to do with it, last time it did it I was only a block away from starting out and I put it in Sport Mode and it didn't want to shift from first to second.

Going for a ride right now to see what it does.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok went for a ride a bit ago and after the tranny warmed up a bit it didn't do it, but it's not like it's cold here in So Cal.right now!

It's warm enough at start up to NOT do it.........Have to try this TSB # 21-028-16 it's for "Trans Shift and Drivability Flash"

I also have periodically the "bump" when downshifting from 2nd to 1st and this flash is supposed to cure that and a harsh 3-2 downshift and a harsh 6-5 downshift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts