Dodge Challenger Forum banner
6K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  CURT LF 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine has a '10 RT and is having some trans issues; for some reason it is a pain putting the car in Reverse (MT). It takes some force to get it to go in reverse. What could be the issue here??

The stealership said he needed the following and said the issue was caused by his driving behavior:

Clutch Assy
Flywheel
Throw Out Bearing
Rear Diff Service

For a total cost of $2500ish

This seems a little extreme, any thoughts??

#4 ·
I checked how the skip shift was hooked up and it looked like it was right. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

#6 ·
There are two solenoids that look the same, same connector just different locations. Skip shift is on the driver's side. If the reverse lockout was disconnected instead then it will be VERY hard to get into reverse. Wife was trying to put it into reverse with the car shut off and couldn't do it. :lol:

#5 ·
As a side note, it looks like whoever installed it for him, wired into the existing wiring harness. I didn't see the other connector side (black side); sorry for the bad explanation, lol

He bought it from Speedlogix so it should have just hooked right in

#7 ·
#8 ·
Soooo...you verified that you didn't connect to the wrong solenoid?? There's no other reason that it would be hard to shift into reverse, IMO.

#11 ·
Transmission failures, premature timing chain failures, "mystery dents" that appear out of nowhere, under-performing engines (per ci,)
evil" dealerships, questionable overall quality reported frequently reported, etc. -and- this is CHALLENGERtalk.com.

Good lord !! Leaves one with his head spinning over what the verdict on these car must be at competitor forums ?

Just an observation.

Respecfully,

Gary aka "beamg5"

#12 ·
Can't blame user error on the car, though... :)

#14 ·
He ordered a new sse will put it in this week to see if anything changes. Will keep ya posted

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#16 ·
Doesn't matter what SSE you order if you put it on the wrong solenoid. A bad SSE WILL NOT affect reverse engagement IF it is put on the 2ND gear lockout soleniod. Bad SSEs turn on CEL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.