Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out my TA may be affected by a new transmission recall. Seems there are about 118 Challengers that may slip out of park with the engine running. Affected cars will need the transmission control module reprogrammed. The NHTSA Recall # is 17V-431.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
make sure to set parking brake whenever you put trans into Park.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,932 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
@;
Just found out my TA may be affected by a new transmission recall. Seems there are about 118 Challengers that may slip out of park with the engine running. Affected cars will need the transmission control module reprogrammed. The NHTSA Recall # is 17V-431.
Thanks for the heads up. I just looked at the Dodge Owners home page and it lists that recall as available and incomplete for me. I find the verbiage used referencing the 118 isn't very clear.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So anyone have theirs serviced yet for new transmission controller module update on recall?

I'm currently replacing my SXT+ and I'm looking at a couple of T/As both of which are subject to the recall as per their VINs.

Wondering what the timeframe is gonna be like for the recall fix

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here's what I found about the recall: The recall population includes all 2017 MY Dodge Challenger vehicles with 5.7L V8
engines, 8HP70 transmissions, and 2017 MY Transmission Control Module (“TCM”)
software built between March 22, 2016, and May 26, 2017. Similar vehicles built after
May 26, 2017 have a different TCM software level.

It looks like mine is not affected, only the 5.7.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, completed.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts