Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a 2018 Challenger and I'm looking to purchase a new Sun Shade - which one fits the best and would you recommend?

Also what Travel Mugs/Tumblers do you use. I have tons but none seem to fit great - either too tall or wide. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've got an Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade that I got from Autoanything.com (a forum sponsor). It's a custom fitted shade and fits perfectly all the way around the perimeter of the windshield.

As far as travel mugs go, I've been using Ozark Trails Stainless Steel Travel Mugs from Walmart for the past year or so. They fit into the console holes nicely and the hot stuff HOT for a long time.

--------------------------------------------//---

·
Super Moderator
15,362 Posts
for those folding, reflective sunshades (they look like silver foil / bubble wrap layers) - the larger size fits better for complete coverage.

The windshield is tilted back enough that its deceiving how tall it is top <-> bottom. I don't use mine that much as I have 3M film on the entire windshield as well.

However, if I'm parked outside in full sun for a period, I'll put that on as well just to keep the heat down.

with the mugs - depending on whether its M6 or A8 - the cup holder layout is different experience...
M6 - you want shorter containers, otherwise you'll bump into the driver's side for anything taller than a 12oz can would be. Or you have to use the 'passenger' side cup holder instead.

The door cup holders are better for larger items.

The earlier console '14 and earlier was better as both holders were to the right of the shifter and you wouldn't bump into anything - as a comparison

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have the CarCraft sun shade that is built like a rock. I also started putting vinyl decals on it for something different.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
these won't obstruct the dash cam or the car alarm right? i got the viper with the blue flashing on the windshield near the top and a blackvue dash cam coming soon

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Mine does block the dash cam. The shade is made to cover the entire windshield. You may have to make some cuts to modify it.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I don't allow food or drinks in my Challenger. Best way to keep the interior looking it's best!!!!

What he said... :)

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,455 Posts
I don't allow food or drinks in my Challenger. Best way to keep the interior looking it's best!!!!
I don't go anywhere without my mug of coffee. :huh: The solution here is to change to an aftermarket shifter that has adjustable positioning so drinks in the holder aren't a problem at all. BTW, my shifter is a Barton. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
Did you mean to say CoverCraft? I searched for a CarCraft sunshade but only saw CoverCraft.

Thanks,
saint 0:)
He meant the Hot Rod or the Popular Hot Rodding version :)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yeah, my bad. Meant Cover Craft. I do have my engine covers by a company called American Car Craft. Look them up, they have alot of cool chrome.:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
15,362 Posts
I don't go anywhere without my mug of coffee. :huh: The solution here is to change to an aftermarket shifter that has adjustable positioning so drinks in the holder aren't a problem at all. BTW, my shifter is a Barton. :grin2:
The cup holders on a '14 and earlier are better laid out to not interfere with shifting (esp M6) vs. the '15+ layout

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
197 Posts
This is the sun shade I use Covercraft, its definetly worth the investment!!!

At first I bought a generic Walmart reflective sunshade. The sun beat it down so bad that after a couple of months it would not stand up as it wobbled around! Furthermore the shape of this generic sunshade did not cover the whole dashboard. Avoid spending money in products that dont work and invest it in this Covercraft product, you wont regret it!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts