Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The place I bring my car in for detailing lost the tray insert next to the cup holders. This is the little plastic bottom piece you can take out for cleaning. The detailing company tells me that the only way to get this little piece of plastic is to order the whole assemble @ $400.00. Anyone know how I can get just this insert. It's about an inch by five inches long and goes in the bottom of this tray next to the drivers seat.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
may seem like the obvious answer but I think your local dodge parts dept ought to be able to hook yah up
replacing the whole center console for a $3 piece of rubber is bull nuggets

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
If the dealer gives you bull-crap and wants $400 for the whole assembly - then test drive a new Challenger instead. A little clear tape on one finger lifts it out real easy - just saying for proper removal and cleaning purposes only.

·
Registered
10 Posts
not that this helps, but a few years ago I was working for my previous employer, (Cadillac/Chevrolet dealer), and I was given this Escalade to work on. It looked like they fed cattle out of it, not a straight panel on it, cow crap all over it, etc... One of the complaints was that the little flapper door at the back of the center console was broken, it covered the accessory outlet. Only way to get it was entire console assy. I believe it was $1100 or $1200. We all had a good laugh about it, until the customer ordered it.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
The place I bring my car in for detailing lost the tray insert next to the cup holders. This is the little plastic bottom piece you can take out for cleaning. The detailing company tells me that the only way to get this little piece of plastic is to order the whole assemble @ $400.00. Anyone know how I can get just this insert. It's about an inch by five inches long and goes in the bottom of this tray next to the drivers seat.

Thanks
Well the detailing co. better get busy and order it for you. Not your problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts