Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Tredwear Letters put on the Challenger

27K views 87 replies 45 participants last post by  Scatpack 2408 
#1 ·
Well after about 3 hours of cleaning, prepping, and placing the letters one by one. The job is done for the most part its a pretty easy mod a lot of attention to detail. The new letters came with a clear protective covering instead of the blue. I called them thinking they didn't have one and the told me they had just changed over to this new covering. The letters look amazing only one of them had a an issue where it was peeling apart from its rubber backing, but I sorted that out with the provided glue. This is where you can pick them up at when I called I found out its a local business in Alabama where I live which was cool.

Tred Wear Letters - Raised White Letter Tires in minutes- CUSTOM TIRESTredWear | A new concept in self expression for your tires

Tips, take your time, especially when it comes to cleaning I used spray on carb cleaner. Go back over the letters after the initial hour and make sure there all 100% secured. Here's a before and after pic I think it really gives it that muscle car look now.

See less See more
#10 ·
I'd imagine it would be really hard some of the letters have very thin parts like the E and top part of the G for example. I foresee attempting your idea would result in tearing the letters up. I took the car out tonight after the letters had a good 3 or so hours to really dry. I hit it pretty hard spun the tires a few times and the letters didn't budge. It honestly looks like the tire shipped from the factory with them on you would be hard pressed to tell that this was an after market mod.

#13 ·
I have them on mine. Just be careful not to scrub the curb. Keep an eye on any loose edges. You will love the compliments!
Yah that's why I went back over them to tighten up a few loose edges after the first hour. This is were patience pays off after the first tire I had came up with a process where I could hold one letter while it set and get a second one going. If only my wife cared about the Challenger as much as I did she would of been right beside me helping 8).

So I guess, just rebuy them or don't drive the car much?...that kinda sucks
If I get 20k miles out of the first set of tires that will probably take me 3 years I consider that pretty good. In my situation when I put the next set of tires on I plan on staggering the rear so I'll need new letters then anyways. For $100 bucks to make your tires/challenger really stand out I'd say its well worth it. I see tons of challengers where I live and I've yet to see one with RWL's so that alone is worth it to stand out from the pack.

#15 ·
I feel the same way!....and like I said...I don 't believe any of these rumors until dcx,makes it official!:rolleyes:
I've been looking at doing this too. I like the look of the raised white letters. Did you take your wheels off to do this or did you do it while they were on the car? I see you lined up the wheels too so the lettering is at the same angle of each tire. Nice job!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#21 ·
When you order them its based on tire make/model and size, from the way I understand it the other kits like racing style as you mentioned. Are more custom where black letters don't exist and your just making the tires appearance completely custom.

Wow, for such a small change, it completely changes the look of the car. What type of letters did you get, the racing style?

#18 ·
Looks nice.. me being OCD, I would have to turn the wheels so the lettering was at the same spot on each tire to match their positions.

#20 ·
Hahaha... guess you're just going to have to leave more black on the asphalt to get them even again! LOL

#22 ·
White letters & R1 Concepts Rotors

Lugnut74, your car looks awesome! Not to steal your post but just added as well. John @ Treadwearletters was very pleasant to deal with, took the time to explain that my particular tire came two different size letters, when ever she needs new tires, she'll get new letters for sure!

Attachments

#31 ·
Lugnut74, your car looks awesome! Not to steal your post but just added as well. John @ Treadwearletters was very pleasant to deal with, took the time to explain that my particular tire came two different size letters, when ever she needs new tires, she'll get new letters for sure!
How did you get the goodyear logo in white, I was told you couldn't get it something about trade mark

#24 ·
I agree night an day! Looks great ! Tredwear can make them for any tire. I asked when I meet them when they were just getting their new place of business. Because I was worried I would have to buy the same tires.

#25 ·
Ya............I may just have to get some of these for my car......love the old school look of these......... :5:

Reactions: iamawild1
#28 ·
Looks good Lugnut, too bad the tires will be toast at 15k...Unless you just putt putt around!!!

#29 ·
Hopeing for 20k that will be 3 years on the tires though I plan on staggering my next set so either way I'll be getting more in the future. I'd probly get more miles on the vehicle but the wife won't take trips in it so we have to take the Nissan Armada. Which feels like driving a bus in comparison on every vacation. I've noticed no matter the vehicle 15-20k seems to be the norm on stock tires. I had the same on my 08 FJ cruiser 15k miles then I put a 3 inch lift and 35inch Nitto trail grapplers on it. Those were hands down the best tire I've ever seen I could run over 16 penny nails all day. Then about 3 weeks ago the Armada hit 19K miles and put some new Goodyear Kevlars on. My only fear with the Challenger is hitting that random nail since there always seems to be so much new housing construction going on in my area.

#33 · (Edited)
I have not and never will I only hand wash my car for fear of what a car wash with left over crap form some guys truck would do to the paint. From my testing I doubt that would remove them I've tried peeling them off with my fingers I'd have to use pliers at this point to rip them off and probly a good bit of acetone or some other type of substance that eats super glue. The industrial super glue that they supply is some pretty crazy ****. I went through a few sets of rubber gloves the glue is probly the fastest and one of the strongest glues I've seen aside from E6000 and some mixed epoxy's that I've used for my rc planes.

#35 ·
Put mine on today.. Had a small issue tho.. Treadwear sent me the lettering for the GOOD YEAR RS A and forgot to include the lettering for the EAGLE. I called them, Sunday, and was able to just leave a voice message. I was very surprised that they called me back in about 10 minutes. They were very apologetic for not including the EAGLE letters and promised they would be sent out first thing Monday morning. They were very nice to do business with.

As for the letters.. they were VERY easy to put on. VERY! It was more of a pain to take the blue covering on the white letters than it was to put them on the tires. The lettering fits right into the letters on the tires. Quick, easy.. didn't have to take my tires off either. Looking forward to finishing them on Wednesday..

5 Stars for Treadwear@@

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.