Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't a Challenger, but I thought this might help anyone considering trying any of these products out.

Decided to try some different products on my girlfriends Solstice last night since it was nice out. We got this car about a month ago, and going into this last night, it looked like it had never been cleaned much less polished or detailed.

So, I decided to give Mothers products a spin. After cleaning, I broke out the mothers clay bar to the paint, which looked like charcoal when I was done. Then gave their power ball for paint a spin with the FX liquid wax. I think it turned out nice for a 5 year old 82,000 mile vehicle.

Powerball was nice to use. I was impressed with how it cleaned up with a little dish soap when I was done, and is actually reversible to extend of the life of it when it starts wearing. Only advice I would give, is make sure you use a variable speed drill. It will fling wax if you get it up to speed to quickly

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks Good, gotta try the clay bar.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ever try Zaino? They have great products. Their waxes can actually be layered. Makes the paint look deep.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....looks good CC. :bigthumb: Nothing wrong with trying new products if you're so inclined. You never know what you might come across that can really end up adding value to your regimen.

btw, not to nitpick but I would be careful about laying your Power Ball on the ground (or anywhere it can pick up potentially damaging contaminates). Tiny hard particles/grit can get stuck in the foam fingers that may not dislodge during your wash/rinse.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Not to jack your thread... but here is a photo of the original paint my 28 year old Monte Carlo SS after I used Mirror Glaze on it. It just goes to show you that with a little care it will last a long time.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
... After cleaning, I broke out the mothers clay bar to the paint, which looked like charcoal ...
I always thought the whole clay bar thing was a bunch of snake oil. Then one day I saw a guy with a totally gleaming Vette and he talked about it. I got to reading about it, then found
which seemed to make sense.

I tried it on my S/E and the results were amazing. Now I'm a believer. The sandwich bag trick really got my attention. I bar my R/T at least twice a year now.

After a clay bar and wax (the clarity of the reflection is apparent):

·
Registered
112 Posts
Claying and then using a pre-wax cleaner (non-abrasive cleaner) is the best way to prep a surface for waxing. This is especially true for rides parked outside and not prepped properly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts