Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Trim Piece popping up.

913 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  caj 
#1 ·
I went to wash CHALLY yesterday and found the trim piece on the roof (at the corner of window on L/H side(as sitting in drivers seat) is popped up. Anyone else having this issue? Will post pictures tonight when I get home.

#2 ·
Here are the pictures...finely!

QUOTE=gnslngr;823067]I went to wash CHALLY yesterday and found the trim piece on the roof (at the corner of window on L/H side(as sitting in drivers seat) is popped up. Anyone else having this issue? Will post pictures tonight when I get home.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

#3 ·
I had the same issue, it was actually peeling up slightly when I took delivery of my SRT8. They had to order the trim piece because it comes color matched. I had to leave the car overnight because it was raining when I was going to pick it up and they were not sure if the adhesive had enough time to cure so they gave me a free rental. No problems since.

#4 ·
I think those are held in place with double sided tape - its possible the surface wasn't clean or the trim wasn't placed properly initially - crud and water got in there and the trim tape isn't holding.

They should sit much more flush - as you've likely noticed comparing the other side.

#6 ·
These are not held down with clips, they're held on by tape or glue. Find out from your dealer what body shop they use and go directly to them, they may just fix it on the spot. If not, you can always go back to the dealer and have them write it up. I believe these two moldings come from the factory the same color of the car, they are not painted. Most of the time if you have a good relationship with your dealer you can take the car and the ordered parts in hand to that same body shop yourself and get it replaced. This is of course assuming your dealer doesn't have a body shop.

#7 ·
I think that there is an RRT that came out 1 1/2 years or more ago about that. The dealer was supposed to look at all the cars being delivered and fix the problem before the customer takes delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.