Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a brutal Winter, and I have been waiting to "play" with some of my Christmas presents. So this weekend there was a break in the weather so I got a chance to get my car out. After a short drive to make sure every was ok, I as ready for a tune from my new Trinity. I had already read through the instructions and looked through post on here so I figured I knew what was coming. But it never came. The Trinity booted up, went straight to menu screen, I chose performance, 91 Oct tune, device executed a backup of my stock tune and then loaded the new tune. No issue. My question is, why didn't the Trinity ever ask me any questions? Not what year, what car, not even if auto or manual. Anyone else have it this way? Is the PCM pushing this info? Car seems to run fine, just wondering why the difference. Is there anywhere I can see what car the Trinity "thinks" it's tuning? :worried:

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
It's been a brutal Winter, and I have been waiting to "play" with some of my Christmas presents. So this weekend there was a break in the weather so I got a chance to get my car out. After a short drive to make sure every was ok, I as ready for a tune from my new Trinity. I had already read through the instructions and looked through post on here so I figured I knew what was coming. But it never came. The Trinity booted up, went straight to menu screen, I chose performance, 91 Oct tune, device executed a backup of my stock tune and then loaded the new tune. No issue. My question is, why didn't the Trinity ever ask me any questions? Not what year, what car, not even if auto or manual. Anyone else have it this way? Is the PCM pushing this info? Car seems to run fine, just wondering why the difference. Is there anywhere I can see what car the Trinity "thinks" it's tuning? :worried:

Because the Cars PCM IE: Vin # already has all that info and the Tuner can read it from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts