Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Dodge Challenger
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 09' Challenger R/T Auto. From what I have been reading is that our ESP button does not turn it all the way off. I have also read about the "key" trick. I have tried these 2 things at different times to see what the differences are.

1) If I press the ESP Disable button once, the yellow ESP icon shows up in the gage cluster.

2) If I take the Push Button Start out and then do the key trick at proper speed (15mph I think) I get a chime and radio shuts off. Then I get ESP Disable and also BAS Icon.

Are either of these modes a Full OFF mode?

Next question is regarding the Diablosport Trinity. There is a ESP Disable that I can modify in my existing tune written by Magnason for my S/C. Is the Trinity ESP Disable like either of the above mentioned modes or is it a full off mode?

:SM030:

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
If you press and hold the esp button for 5-10 seconds (need to be under 10MPH when doing this), you will get a chime and an in-dash notification stating ESP disabled and I believe it is fully shut off at that point. Or so I'm told. I think you need to have STP in order to do this though. Not sure.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If you press and hold the esp button for 5-10 seconds (need to be under 10MPH when doing this), you will get a chime and an in-dash notification stating ESP disabled and I believe it is fully shut off at that point. Or so I'm told. I think you need to have STP in order to do this though. Not sure.
that reduces it, but does not fully disable it.
Disabling TC with the Trinity or inTune is the only way to truly disable all ESP.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Difference?

that reduces it, but does not fully disable it.
Disabling TC with the Trinity or inTune is the only way to truly disable all ESP.

Thanks
I wasn't aware of that. What is the difference between just a quick press of the ESP, a 10 second press where the ESP System Disabled is displayed, and actually turning it completely off via tune?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I wasn't aware of that. What is the difference between just a quick press of the ESP, a 10 second press where the ESP System Disabled is displayed, and actually turning it completely off via tune?
1 press = partial off
Press/hold 5-10sec = full off

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
1 press = partial off
Press/hold 5-10sec = full off

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
That Jeep chart doesn't apply to the Challenger, full-off by holding the button down disables ABS as well. I honestly don't think there's any difference between long-press full-off and DiabloSport's ESP disable. The long-press full-off (Auto with STP or 6-speed manual) disables everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts