Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have never dragged
...and this is my first V8 much less first muscle car. With that being said, I am already noticing the difference. Just a little background here, I have only done 1 mod so far which is the Perf 91 Oct via Trinity tuner. My previous personal best 0-60 was 6.02 (according to EVIC) until today.

Today I took the car out for a spin, trunk loaded with my son's stroller and all (too excited to remember) and on the first run, I beat my personal best. Now with that said, I decided to mount the tuner and use EVIC 0-60 monitor. They posted different numbers. Take a look and don't judge this rookie too harshly.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
477 Posts
I actually am pleased to see that they both show very similar times. That tells me that even though the timer isn't perfect, its in the ballpark as far as time goes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would not go by the EVIC, not to make a short story long
My fuel light came on, EVIC said 40 something miles left, pulled directly into station and pumped over 18 gallons of fuel in 19 gallon tank. They're not that acurate

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I would not go by the EVIC, not to make a short story long
My fuel light came on, EVIC said 40 something miles left, pulled directly into station and pumped over 18 gallons of fuel in 19 gallon tank. They're not that acurate
Or the pump isn't calibrated and that is some of their profit. Happens a lot. I've put 19 gallons into my 18 gallon Jeep tank a couple of times. I don't get gas there anymore!
My challenger DTE is very accurate. I think it uses your Avg MPG to determine how many miles you have left so as long as you haven't recently reset your Avg MPG you should get 30 miles once the light comes on unless your doing a lot of WOT, towing , headwind or up a lot of hills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts