Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced an issue with the Diablosport Trinity tuner locking up EVERY SINGLE TIME you plug it into the car? I have yet to get through a full session of tweaking and logging without the tuner freezing on me at some point. I'm connecting to a 2013 R/T with an auto trans. This can't be normal can it?

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Logic says, "operator error"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Actually, I'm having the same problem on my 14 6 speed. I got the tune on, but everytime I go to log it freezes. It's all updated. I revived it Friday and had to go through quite the hassle to be able to use it on my14. So it's not just you.

Operator error? All I do is go to log, hit edit and it freezes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
So then the question remains as asked on that forum, does 1r10 support 13 and 14 model year? If not then there's no point in doing it.

Quite frankly, Diablo needs to find a way to get on this. It's all over the forums that it is happening and it's not ok.

For now I guess I just won't data log until a fix is out. I bought the tuner to tune the car, not to mess around with. The tune I have on there now, seems to be working well, so I will leave it and not mess with it. I still would like to see knock sensors and whether it is pulling timing or not. If there's not a fix soon, I may just take advantage of the 30 day guarantee. The way I see it is this... It's not my problem, its theirs. Why do I need to do a bunch of work arounds on a product that is supposedly ready for market?

I can tell that I am not getting what I could out of this tune (91 octane with some adjustments) but I can also tell it added something. I would love to be able to really dig in and see what the car is doing, and Diablo should fix this soon. But given reviews of how they take care of this kind of stuff, I may end up returning mine.

·
Banned
575 Posts
Has anyone else experienced an issue with the Diablosport Trinity tuner locking up EVERY SINGLE TIME you plug it into the car? I have yet to get through a full session of tweaking and logging without the tuner freezing on me at some point. I'm connecting to a 2013 R/T with an auto trans. This can't be normal can it?
On your gauge PID Layout try to remove the Injector Pulse Width Gauge, and do this while the engine is running not shut off. The Injector Pulse Width PID does not read on 2011+ and newer and seems to freeze the Trinity Display.

See if that works and let me know.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
So then the question remains as asked on that forum, does 1r10 support 13 and 14 model year? If not then there's no point in doing it.

Quite frankly, Diablo needs to find a way to get on this. It's all over the forums that it is happening and it's not ok.

For now I guess I just won't data log until a fix is out. I bought the tuner to tune the car, not to mess around with. The tune I have on there now, seems to be working well, so I will leave it and not mess with it. I still would like to see knock sensors and whether it is pulling timing or not. If there's not a fix soon, I may just take advantage of the 30 day guarantee. The way I see it is this... It's not my problem, its theirs. Why do I need to do a bunch of work arounds on a product that is supposedly ready for market?

I can tell that I am not getting what I could out of this tune (91 octane with some adjustments) but I can also tell it added something. I would love to be able to really dig in and see what the car is doing, and Diablo should fix this soon. But given reviews of how they take care of this kind of stuff, I may end up returning mine.

If all you want to do is see if you have any ST KNKs, go into monitor instead of log. You'll have to watch it in real time but shouldn't be a big deal if you make the gauge large enough. I always monitor on the way to the track so I have some idea what my A/Fs (from the wide band) and if I'm getting any ST KNKs to determine if I need race fuel or to up the meth. I made a guage layout with ST KNK, LT KNK, RPM and A/Fs all on one page so I can watch what goes on when I hammer it.
But agree, they need to fix it for you 13s and up guys.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looked at ita few minutes ago and didn't see pulse width, maybe I'm missing something. I can't figure out how to adjust what is showing in the monitor screen but knk isn't.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Looked at ita few minutes ago and didn't see pulse width, maybe I'm missing something. I can't figure out how to adjust what is showing in the monitor screen but knk isn't.
The 07 hemi and up layout has everything you would need to log or monitor. I found it easier to make my own layout with large digital gauges so I can see it easily all on one page while driving. ST KNK, LT KNK, RPM and one more will fit easily on one page. If you using one of the layouts that came with the tuner, bump the up or down buttons to change the layout pages while monitoring.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I was having the same issues when trying to log data, as it has been mentioned it is the inj PW PID that is causing the issue. What i had to do was after i select 07_up_tuner i immediately hit the edit button and delete the current gauge layout page, over and over until i deleted all of the default gauge layouts. I am going rebuild what i want to log from scratch. I dont remember which page the inj PW PID is on exactly but my tuner kept locking up even before i could get to it, so that is why i just deleted all the default gauge pages.

on a side note: Hemifever sent me a new tune this morning, has more of the torque management deleted. Can't wait to go test it out and actually be able to log data for once!!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I was having the same issues when trying to log data, as it has been mentioned it is the inj PW PID that is causing the issue. What i had to do was after i select 07_up_tuner i immediately hit the edit button and delete the current gauge layout page, over and over until i deleted all of the default gauge layouts. I am going rebuild what i want to log from scratch. I dont remember which page the inj PW PID is on exactly but my tuner kept locking up even before i could get to it, so that is why i just deleted all the default gauge pages.

on a side note: Hemifever sent me a new tune this morning, has more of the torque management deleted. Can't wait to go test it out and actually be able to log data for once!!

You should really notce the less tq mgmnt. in your A5. Little River has a anything shootout tonight if you ever interested in getting her on a track, let me know.
Little River Dragway

Is your first name Greg and did you ever live in Round Rock?

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
You should really notce the less tq mgmnt. in your A5. Little River has a anything shootout tonight if you ever interested in getting her on a track, let me know.
Little River Dragway

Is your first name Greg and did you ever live in Round Rock?
I do notice already :D I was actually thinking about going to LittleRiver tonight to make some runs and log some data during test n tune, we'll see hopefully it does not rain. I will let you know if i go for sure.

-Gilbert

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I do notice already :D I was actually thinking about going to LittleRiver tonight to make some runs and log some data during test n tune, we'll see hopefully it does not rain. I will let you know if i go for sure.

-Gilbert
Be glad you didn't go. DA was 1566, track prep sucked. I only got two passes in before a ricer blew up. Don't mean just farted out the TB, I think he broke his block so they ended up closing the rt lane and cancelled the shootout. I blew the tires off both of my runs which surpised me as I had them air'd way down. Track was awful.
I'll be going a couple of time in Jan and maybe next Firday if the baro pressure is high. Still trying to ge my new PB trophy run in for the year. There is a Mopar vs The World shootout and a street leagal shootout in Jan. They are doing the Jan test & tunes and shootouts Sunday Afternoons instead of Friday nights. Should be better as the sun will help heat the track. Since you are in Austin, if you ever want to borrow a set of DRs, I have two sets you're welcome to try either. 26" and 28" both M&Hs. If you ever want to go to Little River, we could drive up together. Always looking for a reason to go. Test & Tune is any Friday Night (Sunday Afternoon in Jan) and they have some type of shootout that starts around 9:30 but you can still teat & tune between the shootout runs.
Glad you're not Greg... I coached a Greg Funk in little league and that would have made me feel old.
Take care...

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Be glad you didn't go. DA was 1566, track prep sucked. I only got two passes in before a ricer blew up. Don't mean just farted out the TB, I think he broke his block so they ended up closing the rt lane and cancelled the shootout. I blew the tires off both of my runs which surpised me as I had them air'd way down. Track was awful.
I'll be going a couple of time in Jan and maybe next Firday if the baro pressure is high. Still trying to ge my new PB trophy run in for the year. There is a Mopar vs The World shootout and a street leagal shootout in Jan. They are doing the Jan test & tunes and shootouts Sunday Afternoons instead of Friday nights. Should be better as the sun will help heat the track. Since you are in Austin, if you ever want to borrow a set of DRs, I have two sets you're welcome to try either. 26" and 28" both M&Hs. If you ever want to go to Little River, we could drive up together. Always looking for a reason to go. Test & Tune is any Friday Night (Sunday Afternoon in Jan) and they have some type of shootout that starts around 9:30 but you can still teat & tune between the shootout runs.
Glad you're not Greg... I coached a Greg Funk in little league and that would have made me feel old.
Take care...
Oh heck yes. Sending you a PM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts