Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Trinity Tuner Installed

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ChallyTatum 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I have been toiling about what tuner to get for my 16 5.7. After a lot of research I decided on the Trinity for the functions and upgrading ability as I mod further. I am an old school shade tree kinda guy. I used to build Chevy engines and transmissions before the computers took over. So needless to say, I have no idea what I'm doing with this.

I have installed the canned tune for the 5.7 and want to know if changing some of the parameters would offer better ET's.

Has anyone played with the "canned tunes" mods? If so, what are your impressions of the changes to the canned tune?

I know that a custom tune is the best option however, it is the season and it's not in my budget, for now.

Any info would be great. Thanks

M

#3 ·
I would think you could get some extra ponies and a few other options with it. I wouldn't think the improvement will be insane, but good to have if you plan on doing more. If you go with a supercharger or something you would definitely want it tuned on a dyno.

Reactions: DrkSword
#6 ·
Ultimately I will get a dyno tune done. I was just wondering if anyone has played with the tunes beyond canned and what they results were.
Without a wide band O2 sensor I would not touch the fuel table. Playing with the throttle boost (I think you can adjust up to 20% but 5% makes a noticeable difference) can make the car feel more peppy as it takes less input from the pedal to open the throttle plate.

#5 ·
I messed with parameters in the canned tunes on my 2006 srt magnum.. Whether it helped or not, I dont know.. I had the 93 tune in, and ran 98 octane.. So i bumped the timing up a degree or two through the range.

I had no detectable ST or LT knock, so i let it be, but checked every other tank of gas to make sure it was still good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.