Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking into tuners for my car. I have a 2010 RT 6spd with 20s and the 392 rear axle. I really liked the ides of the flexabilty of the trinity tuners and being able to perform adjustments to suit my needs. My question, for now ;), does the display for the trinty need to be plugged in and displayed all the time, for like the others, is it a plug in, download and leave in the garage for the next mod. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
The trinity does not need to be plugged in all the time for tuning. However, you can leave it plugged in as a monitoring device.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. KNowing myself, and my tendacies when driving with a GPS, I have a feeling I'ld be watch/playing with the display too much. It is nice to know hat leaving the unit at home is an option.

·
Vendor
946 Posts
People ask us the difference on the Trinity versus Predator tunes all the time. There is no difference in the actual tune the Trinity installs on the car - it is the same tune and has the same options for modifying the tune and settings that the Predator has, it is just a lot more high tech, runs a far quicker processor so it loads tunes a lot quicker, has a lot better datalogging capabilities as well as a much much quicker data capture rate so datalogging is better, plus you can display up to 5 screens worth of up to 5 gauges (25 gauges total) on the unit plus it does all of your performance metering which is a really cool feature.

Eventually the Predators are going to be phased out for the new Intune that should be out in the next couple of months to 10 years and the Predator will stop being supported with updates eventually. The Trinity will continue to receive the updates when this happens. Plus you can always put your car back to stock and go and throw the Trinity on one of a hundred other vehicles any time you want as well.

Joshua, HHP

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
The only crappy thing about all of them is that you can only have it hooked to one car at a time. If you want to do tunes in multiple vehicles it won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts