Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few cars on the lot closely equipped, One is Black, now I love black and is actually my favorite but I think is a bit too hot here for that color.
they have a Triple Nickel and a lime Green.
I wanted White and they have a nicely equipped white but it is a 1320 not a wide body.

Just curious which would you pick?

Start at 25:00
Or watch the whole thing if you want to see the Hellcats I looked at as well.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,770 Posts
Of those choices, I would go Sublime but, it is going to be your car. Black, too hard to keep clean, White, only if you are going to stencil the word "Car" in black on it, Tor Red, No (almost every car I have owned except 4 have been red). Octane Red too dark (maroon) in color, I have had 4 cars similar to that color.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Black and white are too hard to keep clean. Not into red, so green for me.

·
Registered
720 Posts
There are a few cars on the lot closely equipped, One is Black, now I love black and is actually my favorite but I think is a bit too hot here for that color.
I wanted White and they have a nicely equipped white but it is a 1320 not a wide body.

Hi John, I'm in NC as well! I think I'd go for Octane Red. I've had a white car as well and they aren't so hard to clean I don't think. My Challenger is Plum Crazy Pearlcoat, but had that not been available, I would've chosen either White Knuckle or Octane Red.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,712 Posts
Hi John, I'm in NC as well! I think I'd go for Octane Red. I've had a white car as well and they aren't so hard to clean I don't think. My Challenger is Plum Crazy Pearlcoat, but had that not been available, I would've chosen either White Knuckle or Octane Red.
Back in Feb. 2018 had a choice between an octane red, F8 green, and yellow (WB) Hellcat. I chose octane red.

I had a white Challenger Scat Pack. Looked ok but the white color makes the car look "huge". A darker color tends to make the car look smaller. But no way would I want a black car. I have a dark green Mini JCW and that's is as dark as I think I'd ever want.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Met a guy with a white 2014 RT with red RT stripes on it and a red interior. The red stripes really made the car pop, even though I am not otherwise a fan. I had a white car and was FOREVER scraping bugs off the nose. It was such a pain! Ditto on black. I have a black Tundra and it looks great driving out of the carwash but that doesn't last. I'd have to vote for the Octane Red, which looks amazing every time I see it on the road. The lime is actual a pearl and it looks surprisingly good too, but if you aren't dying for a lime car than I think it would be a bit much. Plus it will really stand out on the roads if you want to be low key. I was thinking B5 or Black and bought Jazz Blue because it looks amazing up close under the sun but is very stealthy at night.

·
Registered
822 Posts
White looks good on a narrow body. F8 looks good on a widebody. Flip/flop them around and neither looks quite as good to me. Crazy, I know.

Triple Nickel, TorRed, Octane, Go Mango, B5 all look good to me on either body style.
I am not opposed to high impact colors, (My present car is "School Bus Yellow" ) but not ready for Sublime or PlumCrazy...at least not yet.

Black is a color that after you wash it, you can actually see it start to get dirty, just sitting there.
But, it's mile deep shine is hard to beat when clean.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Octane Red just sold now, I am leaning towards the triple nickel now. Looks like a cop car though. Maybe that would be a good thing IDK?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Octane Red just sold now, I am leaning towards the triple nickel now. Looks like a cop car though. Maybe that would be a good thing IDK?
Needs a paint job to be a cop's car. I do like the looks of the ones in Florida.

Reactions: SFCR

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,053 Posts
I'm biased :) I would have said if not Black, the Octane, now that that's off the table, the Red. I'd not be buying unless one of my 1st three choices were there. Unless color doesn't mean much to you, that's usually the #1 choice once a model is decided on.

A Guy

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another one for black. Personally, I just feel that when my mood changes, black seems to be consistently the one with less "regret". Any other color, I sometimes go "I wish it were...". Again, its personal, I have other cars with different colors, but "the one" had to be black.

I clean my own cars and take care of them. "The one" tho has a garage and body cover it after cleaning it thoroughly. Ceramic coat also helped cleaning it easier, and use it only on fine weather.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Back in Feb. 2018 had a choice between an octane red, F8 green, and yellow (WB) Hellcat. I chose octane red.

I had a white Challenger Scat Pack. Looked ok but the white color makes the car look "huge". A darker color tends to make the car look smaller. But no way would I want a black car. I have a dark green Mini JCW and that's is as dark as I think I'd ever want.
That's for sure. I had three black cars and after the third one, I was done with dark colors. Plum Crazy was as dark as I could go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the octane and LOVE IT ! But my son has a sublime green and it is sweeeeeeet as well , you cant go wrong with any choice made . the octane when cleaned and polished sparkles like a diamond

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I agree with most comments here. I found a white one and is a bit of a drive to get there but that way I get the color and options that I want.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Octane red is unlike any other red color I have seen. When I bought my challenger in January, I didn’t want a red. However, seeing the car in person was all I needed. I get a lot of compliments on the color.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts